Rhapsody Family oceanview stateroom?

dwsurfin

Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? We are thinking of travelling out of Sydney for 14 ngt cruise NOV in this type as we have 2 kids. Previously have always had jnr suite on Princess. New to RCL and this cabin type with no balcony. Is the extra space worth it?

Our daughter, her husband & their 3 boys stayed in one of these cabins when we cruised on the Rhapsody in June. The main bedroom has a queen-size bed, a couple of chairs, and a fold-out sofa bed. The 2nd bedroom has 2 bunk beds and a small dresser. There is just one, normal-sized bathroom. There is additional counter space in the main room (desk and vanity) and a little more closet space than a regular cabin. For them, it was fine...but their boys are 8 and 5-year-old twins. It would probably be pretty cramped with older kids.

I have stayed in these cabins twice on the Rhapsody. The second time was with 5 children. As the previous poster stated, there is only one bathroom so if that is something to consider. I found that I enjoyed this cabin type over the balcony cabin that I had on my last cruise on the Rhapsody as it is roomier and has lots of storage. There is also a curtain that can be pulled across the room to divide the sleeping areas from the couch and tv.

Archived