Does the sea princess appear worn?

honeymoon06

We are trying to decide between the sea princess or emerald princess for our caribbean cruise in march 08.

I know that the sea princess is alot older. Does it look very worn? Or is it hard to tell its an older ship?

Would the emerald provide more luxurious surroundings do you think? Or is it just a case of being bigger rather than better?

We would be on the sea princess for 14 nights.

Can anyone comment on the evening entertainment on the sea princess? My husband and i are in our late twenties.

Thanks for your help.

We were on the Sea Princess in February 2007 - it is NOT worn out - We prefer the smaller ships but are cruising on the Emerald in March since it leaves out of FLL. This will be our first on one of the Mega Grand Ships. Princess seems to be gearing the Sea princess for Brits - you will find that about 75% of the pax will be British Folk, which is OK - we met a lot of nice Brits in february.

I guess you have to weigh the additional air to get to Barbados as opposed to Fort Lauderdale.

Ron

We are trying to decide between the sea princess or emerald princess for our caribbean cruise in march 08.

I know that the sea princess is alot older. Does it look very worn? Or is it hard to tell its an older ship?

Would the emerald provide more luxurious surroundings do you think? Or is it just a case of being bigger rather than better?

We would be on the sea princess for 14 nights.

Can anyone comment on the evening entertainment on the sea princess? My husband and i are in our late twenties.

Thanks for your help.

This is compairing two totally different class of ships. Agreed, the Sea Princess is geared towards British tastes, if that sounds interesting to you, then you would enjoy it. This included food and entertainment onboard.

The Emerald is a brand new ship with all the extras that the Sea does not have room to offer.

Actually, in your late 20's, I think you would enjoy the Emerald much more than the Sea Princess.

We have just been on the Sea Princess again and were in Barcelona with the Emerald Princess. Our Restaurant Waiter visited the Emerald and stated that the crew were not happy with it as it was too large and that the smaller ships (Sea Princess) are more homely. We agree entirely as small is beautiful.

We were on the Sea Princess in June. It was not "worn." We had a wonderful time. The cabin was comfortable. The food was great (one of our favorite Princess executive chefs was on board). The Sea Princess uses the same menus as other Princess ships. There were additional items that appealed to passengers from the U.K. That gave us the chance to try dishes new to us. We truly enjoyed our fellow passengers. We paid the same for 14 nights as people on the Emerald paid for a shorter cruise. IMHO, the more days on a ship, the better. We'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Joan

We went on the sea princess last new year and I found it was very worn. if you are used to newer ships then you will notice the difference. Although I liked certain things about Princess, we founf the staff very stuffy and more geared to the older generation , even though we are in our 50s. Entertainment was good though. the cabins is where you find the most wear. If you go on Emerald let us know what you thougth. have a great cruise.

The word "WORN" must have several different meanings??? I have found on all the Princess ships they are continually replacing carpet, painting, varnishing rails, etc. It's just like a house - every so often you have to replace carpet, paint the walls, etc.

Ron

Archived