Getting from Port to West Palm Beach Airport

Cruisewebber

I am doing the PBI to Port Everglades trip in December and have researched this thoroughly. I have asked both on here and on trip advisor and received the same answer from pretty much everyone. Unless you have a large group to split the cost, rent a car. I will be renting one at PBI and returning it to the rental agency located near the port, then renting again on return for a couple of days for the post cruise stay. Will return it to PBI when I fly home. So, unless you have pretty much no luggage and want to do the commuter train, rent a car. (forgot to mention that option!).

I hate to sound dumb....but.....ok, so we get off the ship, rent a car to drive back to West Palm Beach airport, drop off the car, fly home.....I didn't know you could rent a car for just a few hours......:confused: and if yes, are there places close to the port?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

I hate to sound dumb....but.....ok, so we get off the ship, rent a car to drive back to West Palm Beach airport, drop off the car, fly home.....I didn't know you could rent a car for just a few hours......:confused: and if yes, are there places close to the port?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

you don't sound dumb...lol. As far as the car rental companies care you've rented it for the day. Whether you turn it in after a couple of hours or the next day doesn't matter to them. Theres a dozen or so car rental agencies under one roof at the Ft Lauderdale airport (2.5 miles from Port Everglades) or you can rent from the Budget office on SE 17th Street or the Thrifty office at the entrance to the port on Miami Road. There's a number of threads in this section that discuss car rentals in Ft Lauderdale.

Archived