horseback riding in Cozumel

disneynut64

We are looking into horseback riding in Cozumel. Has anyone done this imformation greatly appreciated cindy

I had been researching horseback riding in Cozumel, until Hurricane Dean changed our plans. Try this site and see if you like the tour:

http://aventurasnaturalascozumel.com/junglehorseback/index.htm

If you do end up booking any horseback riding in Cozumel, please come back and post a review so we know which company it was and how it went.

Does anyone know where is this located? How far from the pier etc ?

Thanks!!

Based on what I found out, the ranch is about 10 minutes from town. You will have to take a taxi from the cruise ship and it should cost about $10 USD.

Thank you so much for your reply.... Does anyone know what the min age is ? I know it says you wont get charged if you have one riding with you( on the same horse) but my youngest is 7 and I dont think he would like to ride with me :D

minimum age is 10.

Hi

we thought we might go for this but our grandson is only 7 will have to look at something else.

Thanks Scotfi:D

If I am understanding what the previous member was saying correctly, the minimum age of 10 is if your grandson wants to ride by himself. If the child is riding with the adult, then there's no minimum age and the child gets to do it for free. You can double check with the people from the ranch.

If I am understanding what the previous member was saying correctly, the minimum age of 10 is if your grandson wants to ride by himself. If the child is riding with the adult, then there's no minimum age and the child gets to do it for free. You can double check with the people from the ranch.

That is correct according to their website

Frequently Asked Question

Can my child ride with me? Yes there is no charge when a child rides with a parent.

Where did you find the minimum age on the website? I know if we book through our cruise it is 10 and over, but I haven't seen it on their site.

Same thing with the jeep tour. I would rather book through the cruiseline, but my son would not get to do anything.

The website is not the actual tour provider, but more of a booking agent for the tour operator. The age is listed under another agents site. Hope this helps.:) Now who's to say that they will check ID unless the child is real young.

I went to the website to book the jeep tour: http://aventurasnaturalascozumel.com I went through everything that is there, and there is no mention of any age restrictions. So I booked the jeep tour. Guess we'll see what happens when we get the confirmation. I will not be happy at all if they show an age limit at this point. Haven't paid yet, so can cancel easily enough. I know not everyone thinks like me, but it seems that things like that should be clearly stated before you book.

My son will be a month shy of 9 when we are there, but he is pretty small. Would hate to have to leave him on the side of the road! :eek:

I went to the website to book the jeep tour: http://aventurasnaturalascozumel.com I went through everything that is there, and there is no mention of any age restrictions. So I booked the jeep tour. Guess we'll see what happens when we get the confirmation. I will not be happy at all if they show an age limit at this point. Haven't paid yet, so can cancel easily enough. I know not everyone thinks like me, but it seems that things like that should be clearly stated before you book.

My son will be a month shy of 9 when we are there, but he is pretty small. Would hate to have to leave him on the side of the road! :eek:

The Jeep tour is open to all ages, it stays on hard road for most of the trip, no worries..:)

Friends of ours just did the horseback tour thru RCCL excursion....looks at Mayan Ruins, etc. They were a bit disappointed because they were expecting "MAYAN RUINS" and saw really some artifacts and some stone.

The horseback riding was OKay. People did not pay attention ... but not the tour operator's problem. for the dollar.....they felt a bit let down.

Lou

Was cleaning my stuff and found another site that I looked at with horseback riding tour in Cozumel:

http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/tours/horsebackadventure.php

This one says:

* Children of 4-8 years of age can ride with an experienced tour guide.

* Children of 8-12 years of age can ride their own horse behind the tour guide.

* Long pants and closed shoes are highly recommended.

* Maximum weight is 240 lbs per rider single/double.

* Minimum age is 4 years old.

* No pregnant women can participate in this activity.

Archived