Does Carnival offer promos on new ships?

flitter306

DH qualifies for the military rate and we've been thinking about booking the Splendor in '09. I know that the military rates aren't out this far in advance, but I'm wondering will Carnival even offer a military rate (or even a past guest rate) on a new ship?

TIA!!

We booked Freedom using a military discount back in April for our Jan 2008 cruise. We were able to get military discount no problem. I'm glad we booked well in advance because 2 months later our friends went to book and there were no more military discounts available. I say call carnival, get a pvp, and check to see if military rates have been released for the sailing your interested in. If not just let the PVP know that your interested in booking but only if you receive a military rate.

Yes, the sailings offering Military discounts only allow a certain percent of the cabins to be sold using the discount.

Actually, I think it is based upon a percentage of the unsold cabins remaining. I've seen the military discount appear - then disappear - then reappear on the TA site I monitor for pricing. This happens for each ship.

Actually, I think it is based upon a percentage of the unsold cabins remaining. I've seen the military discount appear - then disappear - then reappear on the TA site I monitor for pricing. This happens for each ship.

Nope, not true, if the discount reappears it's just because there has been some Military cancellations or Carnival has decided to open up the sailing to Military discounts for one of their sales.

If that were the case, everyone would be waiting until the last minute for the Military to open up to book and you can't do that becasue once there gone.....there gone.

I have booked cruises the day they open for booking so how could Carnival possible know how many cabins won't be sold?

to get a military discount do you have to be retired military or just have served in some way 2 or 4 year active or the 6 month active 6 years reserve. thanks for any info

Carnival honors active, reserve, retired & Veterans with 2 years or more of duty,

A copy of your DD214 must be sent to Carnival when booking.

Archived