Whats the chance of not going to Roatan?

lvcrzn1016

Hi everyone!

I've read on here that sometimes the ships cannot pull into port because of weather or waves. Is there a chance that the legend would not pull into Roatan because of this at the last minute? I want to book an outside excursion at Sante Wellness Center and just want to cover my bases.

Thanks!

Kelly

It's not that common of problem, Cayman Island has a much higher change you will not be able to tender.

If you have booked a private tour and the ship is unable to dock, you should get a refund, make sure and ask when you book.

I have never had to pay anything in advance when booking private on Roatan, always pay at the end of the tour.

Hi everyone!

I've read on here that sometimes the ships cannot pull into port because of weather or waves. Is there a chance that the legend would not pull into Roatan because of this at the last minute? I want to book an outside excursion at Sante Wellness Center and just want to cover my bases.

Thanks!

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I have been to Roatan on the Valor and now on the Legend. When I was on the Valor I think we missed Roatan twice to weather in 6 months, and the Legend has yet to miss it..

I think you will be ok, go a head and book your excursion but keep in mind that Roatan is at least 1 hour behind ships time possibly 2, I can not remember.

Enjoy your cruise on the Legend and enjoy Roatan, it is a beautiful island.

We went to Roatan DURING a tropical storm :p LOL It POURED (plus we went during the rain season, October) but we had a fabulous day on Fantasy Island :D The rain eventually stopped for a little while... I love Roatan, enjoy it!!!

Hi Kelly,

We just got off of the Legend and we did stop in Roatan. No problems at all. The original port of call was Costa Maya but because of the Hurricanes it was diverted to Roatan. It is possible that the port of call could be changed last minute but only in the event of severe weather in the area like a hurricane. We actually had really good weather in Roatan.

We went to Roatan DURING a tropical storm :p LOL It POURED (plus we went during the rain season, October) but we had a fabulous day on Fantasy Island :D The rain eventually stopped for a little while... I love Roatan, enjoy it!!!

I saw a tornado when we docked in Roatan. Fortunately, the skies cleared and we had a wonderful time. Roatan is so beautiful!

Is Roatan a dock or tender port? We are going there on Legend too and There isn't much going on over at the port of call board. I have heard that taxis are so expensive, it's just as well to book a private excursion. We just want to beach & snorkel.

Is Roatan a dock or tender port? We are going there on Legend too and There isn't much going on over at the port of call board. I have heard that taxis are so expensive, it's just as well to book a private excursion. We just want to beach & snorkel.

Roatan you are docked. We booked the Tabayana Beach Break directly through Carnival and it is a great beach to swim and snorkel.

Hello Light Tech.....

You are just what I have been looking for. My husband and I went on the Valor in January for our 1st cruise. Ofcourse now we are hooked! Roatan was my favorite port. So now we are planning family trip to same locations. However, we are trying to decidebetween doing the Valor again out of Miami or the Legend out of Tampa. I would love to hear all your opinions and comparisons.

Thanks in advance!

Lori nanners214@yahoo.com

What is the Sante for massages?? Going in October and really not sure what to do in Roatan??? Massage sounds good. Do you have any additional information on that?? Thanks so much!

This will be my first visit to Sante Wellness Center but it looks pretty amazing. They have loads of spa treatments like massages, facials, scrubs and wraps for pretty good prices. I think 60 minute massages are $50.

You can find all the info you want on their website. Just search for them on google.

Hope this helps. I'll be sure to post a complete review when we get back.

~Kelly

Hi Kelly,

... but keep in mind that Roatan is at least 1 hour behind ships time possibly 2, I can not remember.

Enjoy your cruise on the Legend and enjoy Roatan, it is a beautiful island.

Thanks for the heads up. We are scheduled to arrive at 8am which I guess is 6 am local time. Will anything be open and operating at that time? I gues they (Roatan locals) are probably used to it though, huh?

~Kelly

06:33 PM

image.php?u=229584&dateline=1190332722Nanners214 user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_11713682", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Hello Light Tech.....

You are just what I have been looking for. My husband and I went on the Valor in January for our 1st cruise. Ofcourse now we are hooked! Roatan was my favorite port. So now we are planning family trip to same locations. However, we are trying to decidebetween doing the Valor again out of Miami or the Legend out of Tampa. I would love to hear all your opinions and comparisons.

Thanks in advance!

Lori nanners214@yahoo.com

Me and my family did the legend las feb but it was out of ft laurderdale

we did the tabyanna beach break through the ship it was the best beach i have been to yet . It is about a 35 min bus ride from the port over and down the mountian to the other side of the island .The Legend is a completely differnt layout from the valor i prefer the spirit class ships

Archived