Vegetarian food on RCL cruise

js4372

My fiance and I are thinking about going on the Majesty of the Seas cruise in March and we both converted vegetarians. I have been on cruises in the past with family but I used to eat meat before and I'm worried that we won't have food to eat in the main dining rooms as well as in the buffet areas. Anyone know if this is something I should be worried about. :confused: Should I warn the cruise line beforehand about our dietary restrictions or will I be able to find food? would greatly appreciate any comments/ suggestions! thanks!

My fiance and I are thinking about going on the Majesty of the Seas cruise in March and we both converted vegetarians. I have been on cruises in the past with family but I used to eat meat before and I'm worried that we won't have food to eat in the main dining rooms as well as in the buffet areas. Anyone know if this is something I should be worried about. :confused: Should I warn the cruise line beforehand about our dietary restrictions or will I be able to find food? would greatly appreciate any comments/ suggestions! thanks!

Hi there:

Absolutely let the cruise line or your travel agent know if you have special dietary needs. As far as not having enough -- I very much doubt it will be a problem. Many cruise lines even supply kosher foods. You'll probably be delighted at your food options.

After you've booked, be sure to follow up and make sure your food preference is listed in your booking.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no problem with vegetarian food on any major cruise line. You can let the cruise line know that you are vegetarians, but it is not even required. On all the cruises that I have been on there were always vegetarian choices in the dining room and some of the cruise lines even have seperate menus. You always can find something at the buffet. DH and I and our doughter and son-in-law, all vegetarians, were on the Sun Princess two weeks ago and I must say the vegetarian food was outstanding. For us it was the best we had on any ship. However that would not keep us from trying another cruise line. I am sure you will be fine. If there is a problem you can always talk to the Food and Beverage Director who comes around to your table most nights and you can ask to see him if he doesn't. I hope this is helpfull to you.

I have been on Royal Caribbean four times now and have never had a problem getting vegetarian meals. There is a vegetarian entree option each night in the dining room, and there is usually some type of pasta on the alternative menu as well- in case you don't like the other choice. I always thought the food was wonderful!

The buffet has so many choices at lunchtime you will never have a problem finding something you can eat. And if you really can't find something that you like, there is always pizza.

Enoy your trip! :D

My daughter (15) is vegan and it's hard enough at home. I'm trying to figure out if we should bring some things,,,,,like soy milk, etc or do they have things onboard. It will be the first time we are cruising since she made this change. Has anyone out there cruised as a vegan. What kind of things did you eat, besides salads?

Archived