Hawaii 2009

Frankie Sue

Your advice please

We are planning a cruise to Hawaii in early 2009 and after quite a bit of research, the itineraries that interest us most are either with Celebrity Mercury or Golden Princess. Balcony and suite cabins on both ships are similar prices but I would like to have your input on the for and against of these 2 ships, best decks to be on, and anything else you think we should know.

I have come to really rely on your opinions and knowledge.

I look forward to your replies.

Frankie Sue

I have done Hawaii w/Celebrity 2x, but the first time was a transition cruise to Alaska, so we boarded in Honolulu and ended up in Vancouver. The Second time was RT LA/Hawaii. We booked that trip 16 mos in advance for the best rate. Both were on Summit.

I would look closely at the itineraries and see if they (Celebrity or Princess) have you overnighting in either Maui or Honolulu. The first time we overnighted in Maui and we really enjoyed that experience The last time it was a different port every day. Either one would be really nice. Both locations have too much to do in an 8-12 hour stay.

Archived