Just off POAL 9/09 Cruise..Questions?

catlady461

Thanks! We leave on the 29th!

Number 1 question: Is there a popcorn machine in the Longboard Bar (or anywhere else, for that matter)?

#2: Did you see any good bargains in the shops? Difficult, I know, because they aren't duty free shops.

#3: Did they serve a lot of fresh Hawaiian fruit on board?

#4: How was the coffee? I suspect it wasn't Kona coffee, but one can dream, can't one?

I promise: there are no answers you can give that will spoil our cruise. So don't hold back...lol

Popcorn machines I can't answer. Didn't see them anywhere and didn't go to the Longboard.

The gift shop has sidewalk sales not much but tees were $6 each or 2 for $10 and a bunch of souveniers. The jewelry shops run deals like 30% - 40% off on certain days.

Fresh Pineapple at all buffets(breakfast--lunch--dinner) And yes they do have trays at the buffets. Also had watermelon; honeydew; papaya.

Yes they serve Kona coffee(at least at the buffets -- hubby saw the packages when they made it)

Don't know what cabin you have but we had a balcony cabin and it was small compared to RCCL & Celebrity.

Great to hear! We are going in December. How was the day at sea? Was the ocean fairly calm or was it rough? Did areas like the pool feel crowded? We have done the 7 day, but we spent all our time off the ship...

Thanks

Just had a great cruise on the Pride of Aloha 9/09 - 9/19. If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you.

We had a great time and were pleasantly surprised by the service & friendliness of the crew.

Catlady, we were on the week before you and we were also pleasantly surprised by the ship. The friendliness of everyone was really great and we really enjoyed the ship.

Did you meet Dewayne & Michelle up at the Bar on Deck 12 Hoku I think is the name? They were the best.

Just had a great cruise on the Pride of Aloha 9/09 - 9/19. If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you.

We had a great time and were pleasantly surprised by the service & friendliness of the crew.

Thanks in advance for taking time to share your experience.

What was your impression of the restaurants? Any you would particularly recomend or recommend avoiding?

What Pier did you dock at in Honolulu?

If you went to Fanning Island what would you suggest that we do for that day?

I am wondering about the times at each port. Did the ship generally arrive near the published time and were you able to get off quickly?

Mahalo.

On this cruise we did not stay overnight in Honolulu(that's on the 11 day). The muster was done at 5:30 on the day of embarkation.

The pool was crowded on the sea days but my husband still managed to get a chair near the pool. On days in port the pool area is not busy at all.

The ship docked at Pier 2.

Didn't go to Deck 12 went to the bar by the pool(Breakers). Matthew was great; he is on an 8 month contract.

Restaurants are a matter of choice I believe. We loved the Italian restaurant(Kahili). We dined here 5 nights and asked for the same servers each time(Jackie & Graydon). We ate early between 5:30 - 6:00 and had no problem with service. Hubby loved the side of spaghetti and ordered it each night. The menu is small but we enjoyed the food. We wnt to Palm Bistro once; the food was good but we weren't impressed and the Paciific Heights we weren't impressed with either.

This cruise did not do Fanning Island.

Great review. Glad to hear you had a super time on your vacation. We are on this ship in a week. We have a great roll call and we've all been looking forward to the cruise. Your comments just make it that much more to look forward too. Thanks.

Gregg

Archived