Cave Tubing question for newbie

CardinalPilot

My wife and I will be visiting in December. I'd like to do the cave tubing, but she's hesitant because she's slightly claustrophobic. My questions are:

How dark is it?

Is it dark some of the time, most of the time, or ?

How are the caves illuminated?

How small are the caves?

How much time in the caves themselves?

How much time in the dark?

We did the cave tubing,

it's kinda like canoe-ing The water is :eek: very cold....

You have to carry a large truck size inner tube thru the rain forest

I thought it was hard to all stay together... but anyway. it is dark in the cave, but it is very large even though there is alot of people in there at once, you do hit some white caps, I got separated several time... for me it was a lot of hard work. then there are bats..not to bad..

it rained after our tubing and we had to walk thru mud,It was interesting, but I would never do it again... not my cup of tea...

I know several talk about how great it is... but I'm not a really really cold water person...

We did cave tubing while in Belize in Feb 2005. I thought it was alot of fun. When going through the caves we wore lights on our heads, like miners use. The water really wasn't all that cold. Yes we walked through the rain forest carrying our tubes and life vests. The walk really wasn't bad at all and I am not at all athletic. Didn't find it hard work at all. I would do it again. We did a private tour and there were only 8 of us with 2 guides. We got to see 4 caves while the ships excursions only saw 3. We also stopped for a nice lunch.

Archived