Australian Cruisers

mmudr

hi

We are a group of keen cruisers from Sydney Australia. All our previous cruising was through local (Australian) travel agents. However when planning for our last Cruise (on Carnival Freedom back to back European cruse in April this year) we did some extensive background searching on Cruise critic website. Information gained through CC members as well as thereference library was most helpful and useful and made our trip that much better. Since the we decided to become members and now receive a regular CC E_letter with various snippets of information and cruising offers.

The point of my email is that we noticed a very good offer for RCCL Mariner 46 night cruise around South America leaving USA in January 2009. We are considering booking however some members of the party are apprehensive in dealing with overseas Travel Agents ....

I was wandering if anyone on this thread is from Australia and has booked the cruse through US or anyone that can give us some words of reassurance in this regard and perhaps point us to some examples or feedback from past Australian Cruisers who have successfully booked on this basis.

We are currently considering an offer from two US based Cruise Travel Agents which were advised through Critic newsletter (Cruise Club of America and CruCon Cruise).

Thanks and your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Morris & Tinie

Australia

progress.gifedit.gif

We have used an great internet agent in the US for our bookings on the QM2 out of NY on a cruise in April 2007.

We have also used the same agent again for 9 people to travel on the Serenade of the Seas on 3 May 2008.

The service provided has been great and despite currency differences etc have been able to get some great deals.

I would like to spend the money in our own back yard but when we have saved considerable dollars with an overseas agent - why not go for it.

Hi

we were a bit aprehensive too, we live in Perth and we booked a cruise on the Legend out of Singapore sailing on 31 dec 2008, we booked it via the RCI site and ended up dealing with an agent in Sydney. Everything seems ok, the prices are as in the brochure in US dollars and they can also arrange flights and hotels also!

We can't wait!!!

Yes I think the bookings go through Discover The World Marketing in Sydney. I went to Flight Centre, and my travel agent booked my cruise for me directly through Discover The World.

Nine and a half months to wait till we board Splendour for an 8 night Greek Isles and Turkey cruises. Cant wait :)

Archived