Hotel the night before (recommendations please)

IndyTwinsMom

Hello...I'm sure this has been asked before, so thanks for your patience. I went back a few pages on posts and since didn't find anything so I decided to start a new thread to what I'm sure is an old question...

Went to book our hotel the night before our cruise in Dec - I had planned on the Radisson at the Port but it is full & the Hyatt Orlando Airport wants $220+ a night. Any other suggestions? We're arriving the night berfore & just need somplace clean, comfortable & preferably that has free shuttle service to the port.

Also, while I'm at it; any suggestions for town car service? With our family it will be much cheaper than Disney's transportation. I'm looking into a few of them online but advice from someone who has used a service is nice...

We had friends stay at The Residence inn at Cocoa beach and they really liked it. dont know the cost or if there is a shuttle but it is very close to the port so a taxi would probably be pretty reeasonable too.

Also there is The Country Inn and Suites that just opened up this last year.

I dont know details but I'm sure you could do a google search for these hotels and find out all the particulars.

mom x4,grandma x4

I used Happy Limo a few years ago. They were able to change my hotel pickup location after I called them past midnight (my error). They also stopped at a grocery store on the way to the shp where we stocked-up on beverages. After the cruise, they overbooked so they sent out a limo from a different company and that worked out fine.

I know you said the Radisson at the port was full but I would like to say for others out there that I stayed there 2 weeks ago and was very satisfied with them. The room was clean and well decorated. My kids had a great time with the sleep numbers beds, they were sooooo nice to sleep on too. The pool area was as nice as the pictures. During the evening there was a singer at the pool bar playing guitar and there were people all sitting around enjoying themselves. It had a lovely resort atmosphere. I did the online check in prior to arrival and all my paperwork was there in a folder waiting for me. Check in was less than 5 minutes. I called early and reserved my spot on the shuttle to the port. It was very well organized and there was plenty of parking. On return, the only glitch was that the first shuttle back to the hotel does not run until 8am and we were off the ship by 730 but that was not thier fault, I guess I should have asked first. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I've been told by more than one person that you can call DCL and ask them to add a night at the Hyatt MCO to your res and they will give you a rate of $185...

But other than that, I'm not sure - you might try hotels.com - they tend to have great deals and lots of info!

:)

You'll get seemless travel, with the airport Hyatt, and Disney transfers. While at the airport Hyatt, the food court in the airport will offer numerous choices at reasonable priices. While the Hyatt, and the Disney transfers seem exspensive, they both offer far many less hoops to jump through to get to the port. And unless your really experianced in jumping through hoops, why learn on your vacation? You may actually save $60, to $120, by taking shortcuts, understand what you are trying to do. And I think your picture revealed two young children. The Disney transfers will get all of you excited about your Adventure, that starts the minute you get on the bus. The Host driver is usaually terrificic. And the Disney host makes sure all of your docuementation and paperwork is done, before arriving at the Port. The bus ride is not a normal bus ride. It's a Disney Cruiser. With dvd presentations of what to exspect on your vacation cruise, the excitement grows. Then the ship appears, about 4 minutes before your there. Everyone is excited. The ship just keeps getting larger, every second, until that's all you can see. It 55 minutes of just getting ready time, for all on-board. I'll challenge anyone to discount the Fun factor with the Disney transfers, both ways. OK, I might loose, when it come's to dollars, but the Fun, is worth it. Metrowon

We are booked into the hyatt at MCO because we are arriving in Florida after a 12 hour flight at 10 pm :rolleyes: Rather then drive or shuttle to a hotel near by we are taking disney shuttle the next day.

All the reviews I read about the hyatt is good.

It's so much more exciting for us to stay at the port!

I stayed at the Country Inn and suites. The rooms are gorgous and they have a nice free breakfast in the morning. Only drawbacks are : it's not on the beach or all that close to the beach, and it's just a basic pool. Other than that, it's great.

The Inn at Cocoa Beach is nice but the mother of all of them is RON JON! This place has a water park! But it can be pricey. They also have lots of "deals running at times.

Also, the Holiday Inn on the beach is nice and has a great pool.

It's always always cheaper to rent a car!!! Try budget, they are usually always cheapest. Use the Walmart code BCD code: W810000

Register before you go with fastbreak so you don't have to wait in line to get your car. Then you have freedom to pick up last minute items at the store, drive to the beach, eat at GRILLS, etc.

Drop it off in the morning and take the free shuttle from Budget. It's a 5 minute drive! And that way you are in control of what time you get there, not at the mercy of a shuttle!

Have fun!!!!

I agree with SS Oceanlover. Though I would like to fly to Orlando and take the Disney shuttle to the port (I begged my husband to do this as we have in the past for our trips to the parks), for a family of 5, that would be almost another $2000. I cannot justify that expense, seeing that we've already paid over $7000 just to go on the cruise. Basically, my husband said I could choose - airline tickets and the Disney shuttle, or some fabulous shore excursions/activities that are also quite pricey. I would pick the excursions/activities any day. My family will remember the stingrays, swimming with the dolphins, submarine rides, etc. with much more "enthusiasm" than the plane ride and the Disney bus. We've jumped through hoops too to make things happen in a less expensive way, and it all comes down to priority and what it's really worth.

Hello. My family stayed at the Hyatt (at Orlando Airport) just a few weeks ago. We found it very convenient as our flight arrived around 9:30 p.m. and all we had to do was walk across the airport and we were checked in immediately and I was able to get my 7 y/o to bed right away. I know it was more costly, but it was worth it! The room was nice and clean and we were even able to get a snack as there is a food court in the airport rather close to the hotel. I would definitely stay there again. BTW it wasn't even that noisy!

It's so much more exciting for us to stay at the port!

IIt's always always cheaper to rent a car!!! Try budget, they are usually always cheapest. Use the Walmart code BCD code: W810000

Register before you go with fastbreak so you don't have to wait in line to get your car. Then you have freedom to pick up last minute items at the store, drive to the beach, eat at GRILLS, etc.

Drop it off in the morning and take the free shuttle from Budget. It's a 5 minute drive! And that way you are in control of what time you get there, not at the mercy of a shuttle!

Have fun!!!!

which car rental agency through budget do you return the car to??

Could someone tell me the address, and do they bring you to the ship

with a shuttle??

thanks

cheryl

which car rental agency through budget do you return the car to??

Could someone tell me the address, and do they bring you to the ship

with a shuttle??

thanks

cheryl

Here is the address where you return the car. It's very easy to get to and about a mile to the port. As Kaykels stated, yes they have a FREE shuttle that takes you to the ship.:)

8401 ASTRONAUT BLVD.

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920 US

Location code CC5

Bill

Here is the address where you return the car. It's very easy to get to and about a mile to the port. As Kaykels stated, yes they have a FREE shuttle that takes you to the ship.:)

8401 ASTRONAUT BLVD.

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920 US

Location code CC5

Bill

thank you so much

For our two cruises out of Port Canaveral we rented a car and drove the 40 minutes over to Cocoa Beach the day before. Stayed off the toll highway and just took our time. Stopped at the Merritt island mall and had dinner at TGIFridays at then checked in to the Quality Suites in Cocoa Beach. Around $100. One room with a bed and tv and one with kitchenette, tv and couch (don't remember if it made into a bed). Was about a two block walk down to the beach, we watched the space shuttle launch from there before last year's cruise. Car rental was around 6 or 8 blocks south of the hotel, and we filled the tank, returned the car and walked back along the beach. They had serve-yourself breakfast in the morning (muffins, toast, cereal, pour-your-own waffles) and did a shuttle to the port which I don't remember if it was free, but it was cheap.

Archived