Deck 7 on the Jewel

chrob

We have a mid ship cabin on the Jewel (7620) but have just discovered that directly below is the white roof cover of the lifeboats.

We can upgrade to a forward E1 cabin on 10 or possibly on 9. Would this be a better option? There doesn't appear to be anything below the forward cabins accept the view of the ocean.

We were on Deck 7 on Jewell of the Seas in a Balcony. We did, indeed, only see the top of the lifeboats if we looked straight down. When we looked straight out we saw the ocean and all of the other sites. It was okay, but if I go on the Jewell again, I would probably book a balcony on a higher deck.

I asked my TA if there were any cabins to upgrade to and was told she's full. Did you book with RCCL direct or use a TA?

Communication with my TA is not the best. If I email with a question, hardly an answer. If I email about a question on booking another cruise, instant reply:(

chrob, I had a deck 7 balcony cabin on the Serenade (sister to the Jewel) and yes, you see the cover to the lifeboats. If you must look straight down to have enjoyment on your balcony, then by all means, change to a higher deck. For my money, I could see out and without obstruction and that was most important to me.

Jen

We had a balcony on deck 7 right over the piano bar, and the music was quite loud till after 11pm. The white roof didnt bother us that much, but it was our first balcony cabin so nothing could detract from our enjoyment. I would not book there again if I had other options.

Thanks everyone........I've now changed the booking to an E1 cabin on Deck 10 which has nothing below it.

Yes.... but what's above???

Our friends on Serenade this week were on deck 10 just below the Windjammer and couldn't sleep from the noise of the service carts rolling over the ceramic tile floors above.

Supposedly they have used different flooring for the Jewel but you may want to check what's above you if you're sensitive to noise.

Would all of the cabins on Deck 7 be affected? I am pretty sure our cruise is sold out and we won't be able to move. I like to look down in the water too! Sometimes you see alot of things going by! Thanks for any input!!!

Having been on the Brilliance last year I can recommend deck 10. Our suite was 2 along from the Royal Suite on the "bump". The balcony was a fair size and with a great view forward and down. During the day on the balcony you got a lot of noise from the band playing at the main pool but in the evening it was really quiet. The deck covering on the Brilliance is a rubber compound which is quiet and slip-proof even when wet so I'd imagine the Jewel will be exactly the same.

7594 is not near the piano bar, so no loud music for you. I think our cabin was 7642 and we must have been right over the piano, it was loud but we just had to laugh and say oh will, 'cause we had booked a guarantee and you get what you get. By the way, the piano is in the Schooner Bar, so anyone looking at deck 7 should look at the ship diagram if they want to avoid being in that area.

Hi All,

I called RCI yesterday about our cabins on deck 7 and 6 and he said neither of them had obstructed views. Where do you go (on internet) to find out that information? Our cabin numbers are: 6676 and 7234. Can anyone tell us about them? :confused:

Thank You!!

J & B

Hi All,

I called RCI yesterday about our cabins on deck 7 and 6 and he said neither of them had obstructed views. Where do you go (on internet) to find out that information? Our cabin numbers are: 6676 and 7234. Can anyone tell us about them? :confused:

Thank You!!

J & B

Are you sure you are speaking about the Jewel of the Seas???

There are no cabins on deck 6 unless they brought some in since May.

I even had a look at the deck plan but on mine there are no cabins 6676 and 7234.

madforcruising - have you been on the jewel? if so, what do you think about cabins 9560 - 9566?? Is this the deck below the deck with the supposed "huge overhang"??? Will our view looking straight down be obstructed by the life boat covers - any info you can give us will help. Although it really doesn't matter a lot because there are very few, if any, cabins left on the 11/14/04 sailing. We also have a couple in cabin 7622, they booked after us and this was all they could get. I've looked at some pics of the jewel on webshots but it's hard to tell what's what. thanks!!!!

madforcruising - have you been on the jewel? if so, what do you think about cabins 9560 - 9566?? Is this the deck below the deck with the supposed "huge overhang"??? Will our view looking straight down be obstructed by the life boat covers - any info you can give us will help. Although it really doesn't matter a lot because there are very few, if any, cabins left on the 11/14/04 sailing. We also have a couple in cabin 7622, they booked after us and this was all they could get. I've looked at some pics of the jewel on webshots but it's hard to tell what's what. thanks!!!!
Yes I´ve been on the Jewel for the 05/28 sailing. The "huge" overhang is deck 11, so it´s not directly above the mentioned cabins. Above the balcony of your cabins is the balcony of the deck 10 cabins. It might be slightly wider than yours but not very much. If you look straight down you´ll look at the white roof that covers the life boats. In my eyes it´s not really an obstruction.

I´ve been in 1552 which is almost above the mentioned cabins. I thought this was a very convinient location.

You can check out one of my pics:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125049819/125051255mTIqpW

If you count the cabins from the hump your cabins 9566 - 9560 are number 5-8.

You can also check out more pics on my website

BTW If it would be me my first choice would be 9566 because it´s the closest to the centrum. I love to be there because it´s so easy to reach everything.

Archived