Martinis

etrainer1

I'll have to try that Limon Martini. Is it served from the freezer? With a (lemon?) twist? I love rum!

You could keep the rum in the freezer, I guess. Since it's best 'straight up', you either need very cold ingredients - or you have to drink fast! :)

It's made with: Bacardi Limon, Cranberry Juice, Dash Dry Vermouth. All shaken, then garnished with a lemon twist.

I first ran into it on the Veendam a number of years ago, and ran thru the Crow's Nest's supply of Limon. Last fall on the Volendam (it was much warmer and more humid :) ) I drank the ship out of it!

My favoriate Martini had been a "Green Apple" until our last trip on the Tahitian Princess. Our cruise director, JJ Ullrich, introduced us to a "Toasted Almond Martini" it is The Best!

apple martinis are my favoite too. but the toated almond martini sounds promising. what is in it?:cool:

I am surprised that no one has said anything about the olives on board.. they are very small, flavorless, and capable of distroying a perfect martini. I always bring my own and throw a couple in a baggie on the way to the Ocean Lounge. I have also supplied others with a quality olive upon request..I believe a perfect Martini requires a perfect olive..

I had thought that HAL was only famous for their signature "Green Apple Martini". I got hooked while attending the Zuiderdam Martini Bartending Class ($5 for an all you can drink in one hour). I keep going back to that Green Apple one so much that I now make them at home to impress my guest.

It goes down so smooth and has such a nice warm glowing feel to it as it sets in upon you. It uses Vodka instead of Gin.

I had thought that HAL was only famous for their signature "Green Apple Martini". I got hooked while attending the Zuiderdam Martini Bartending Class ($5 for an all you can drink in one hour). I keep going back to that Green Apple one so much that I now make them at home to impress my guest.

It goes down so smooth and has such a nice warm glowing feel to it as it sets in upon you. It uses Vodka instead of Gin.

there's a martini bartending class?? is it on all their ships? wow!!! :D

I don't know everything that goes in it but I do know that there is vodka, amaretto, and cream. It has nutmeg on the top. They go down really well, but be careful....They sneak up on you.

sounds great! almost sounds like the absolut vanilla vodka and baileys irish cream!!!:D

I'm confused. :confused: What's with calling everything under the sun a 'martini'? I love a Toasted Almond, but a TA is a TA, not a Toasted Almond Martini. A martini is gin and vermouth; a vodka martini is vodka and vermouth.

But I've never heard of adding all kinds of other ingredients (such as amaretto, cream, cranbery juice, etc.) and calling these drinks martinis. They are what they are, but putting them in a martini glass doesn't make them a martini, or does it?

I'm confused. :confused: What's with calling everything under the sun a 'martini'? I love a Toasted Almond, but a TA is a TA, not a Toasted Almond Martini. A martini is gin and vermouth; a vodka martini is vodka and vermouth.

But I've never heard of adding all kinds of other ingredients (such as amaretto, cream, cranbery juice, etc.) and calling these drinks martinis. They are what they are, but putting them in a martini glass doesn't make them a martini, or does it?

it surely does!! we have martini menus in most of our restaurants. the celebrity ships host a martini bar. in other words, they are martinis with flavour! :D

it surely does!! we have martini menus in most of our restaurants. the celebrity ships host a martini bar. in other words, they are martinis with flavour! :D

Yep. They also serve a Vodka Collins, made with Fresca, strawberry jam and wild rice.

They call ducks "rabbits with flavour." It's a really fun place!

And they say alot a lot! < --- another pet peeve I hate "alot." Abandone hope. All is lost.

= = =

"Anything worth doing well is worth overdoing"

Yep. They also serve a Vodka Collins, made with Fresca, strawberry jam and wild rice.

They call ducks "rabbits with flavour." It's a really fun place!

And they say alot a lot! < --- another pet peeve I hate "alot." Abandone hope. All is lost.

= = =

"Anything worth doing well is worth overdoing"

i cant figure out why there is always sarcasm on hal boards!:eek:

i cant figure out why there is always sarcasm on hal boards!:eek:

I wouldn't panic about not being able to figure that out. Perhaps it will come to you in time.

Focus on some of the other things you haven't figured out yet. :D

I wouldn't panic about not being able to figure that out. Perhaps it will come to you in time.

Focus on some of the other things you haven't figured out yet. :D

Yeah, like why do Bagels have holes and Bialys not?

Go back to sleep, dear. Everything's ok.

23_28_113.gif

lkt

Archived