Just wondering..

callajl

MOS- we are going on Halloween and I have a few ?s

1- We are on deck 7 aft(JS)- are there stairs near here to be used as a shortcut to whereever?

2- Hairdryers, robes, & mini refridgerators in room?

3-secrets areas to know about the ship?

Hi Callajl, my husband and I just returned yesterday from our Mariner cruise. How wonderful it was and you're in for a treat.

We were on deck 6 aft (room 6671/inside). The stairs are not REAL close to our area but the walk really isn't bad and I have bad knees and am recovering from an ankle sprain. We took the elevators when possible because we were frequently going from deck 6 to deck 11. We rarely had to wait very long for one. Many times we almost walked right on.

There are hairdryers. It had been recommended that you take your own so I did. Won't make that mistake again. I never used it. The ones on board were fine. The ONLY problem was that you had to hold down the button to make it work but again, that wasn't a problem. They had two speeds and were great.

We didn't have robes but againwe had an inside cabin. There are mini fridges in each room as well as safes. We took our own colas because we drink diet caffine drinks. We could get diet on board but not caffine free. We took two 6-packs (plastic containers) and one 6-pack of water.......again that was recommended. We asked that the fridge be emptied (as recommended). It was done quickly and we put our drinks in to cool. The fridge never got REALLY cold but it was good enough. We never "broke out" the water. It wasn't necessary. The water on board was good and I never felt that I needed anything else.

Our favorite place on board was the Solarium. It had an adults only pool. There were a lot of lounge chairs. They were your typical strap lounge chairs BUT there was a foam pad of about 2 inches on top which relaly made it comfortable and then a blue cover over it. We also loved the Cafe Promanade.......it was wonderful.

You're going to have a WONDERFUL time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived