Intercontinental Hotel Miami - A couple questions

Britt23

Looks like Intercontinental Hotel in Miami is popular. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is this hotel near the pier for the cruise ships?

2. Does anyone know if they provide transportation from the Miami airport to the hotel?

3. Do they provide transportation to the cruise ship pier?

Thanks,

K. Barie

Looks like Intercontinental Hotel in Miami is popular. I have a couple of questions.

2. Does anyone know if they provide transportation from the Miami airport to the hotel?

Thanks,

K. Barie

HI I have never stayed here.. but from reading their site it doesn't seem that they offer a shuttle I could be wrong but it should be only about a $10-$15 dollar cab ride from the hotel to the POM... if you are coming from MIA it is around $26 or so plus tip.

Thanks,

K. Barie

1. Yes

And the last time I was there:

2. No

3. No

Airport to IC should be: $21.70

IC to port: around $7

Thanks for the information. Based on your responses and the other posts I've read, I went ahead and booked the Intercontinental through Hotwire. Got it for 81.00 + tax on a Friday night. Even with the cab charges from the airport and to the port the next day, it beats the hotel's "best" price of 299 + tax.

Wondeful hotel, call them direct and ask to notate you want a "port view". I'm 3 for 3 booking easy click and making this request! Loooooove getting up @ 5am and watching the ship parade down government cut (although I do go back to bed for some xtra sleep) :D .

Everyone is correct, there is no shuttle service at the hotel. Cab fares sound about right, I rented a car so not positive. You can walk to the Bayside marketplace from the hotel. Nice place to browse with many options for dinner. I ended up trying the room service at the hotel as the resturant at the hotel was closed for kitchen renovations. Dinner was great!!

You will need to pay an upgrade charge if you want a bayview room. It was $30.00 but I thought it was worth it considering I paid $88 on priceline. For $128 with a view of the bay and the ships, well worth it to me.

Enjoy!!

We stayed at the IC last October. We didn't get a port view room, but our group had 2 rooms and the views we had in both rooms were spectacular of the city and waterway. I have a beautiful picture of the sun rising over the water from this hotel from my "standard view" room. We did not get to see the ships in port, though.

Archived