Olympus 725

ddgg

Anyone have any pros/cons about using this camera for snorkeling? They say it's waterproof to 5meters, and it's 7.1mp. Sounds good, and i don't plan on being any deeper than 6-8 feet--mainly stingray city type depth.

If anyone has pics taken with this camera, I'd love to see them.

when are you going, i just purchaced the stylus 770, its the step up from the 725 (it goes to 33 ft) i will recieve it next week, and will be using it to snokle/ dive in Oct. if you havent purchaced by then ill let you know how it went. I did see lots of positive reviews on it though, when i was searching, the only negative i heard was the buttons were stiffer to push, and lcd screen was hard to see through at times. i decided on the 770 because the lcd screen is supose to be improved on it and i figured then i could dive and take it aswell. I think im going to get a float for it aswell, just incase it gets dropped in ocean etc.

I have the Fugi F30 with the housing, it takes great pictures in both normal digital pictures and also 640x480 AVI video with sound. The case goes down to 133 feet.

The F40 is out now and it is 8.3 and with the case you can get both in the 200.00 price range.

I used my F30 this July diving in the Dominican Republic and it did great, taking it to Hawaii in October. I sold my Nikonis with stobe and just carry this.

• 1 month later...

update: We love our new stylus 770, excellent little camera that can go anywere. we loved being able to take this camera with us at all times, even when we went diving at 35 ft. Pitures turned out good, there are many features and setting, we havent tried even half of them yet. We would forget to put the camera in underwater mode, but pictures still turned out fine. i will post some of the pictures we took, when we get home in a few days. But love the camera and got lots of compliments on it only problem was that when the sun hits the lcd screen it is very hard to see what you are taking, as well as when under water, for the most part we just aimed and shot and it turned out fine.

Archived