Serenade Alaska - Aft Cabin 9658 or Front of Hump 9576?

JerseyJT

Help - Need advise for July Alaska Cruise on the Serenade of the Seas.

Which cabin would you choose Aft 9658 or very front of Hump 9576 (Starboard Side)?

Weighing the fact that Aft is much further from Elevator but...would there be less wind & more occasion for viewing from our deck while cruising from the Aft cabin?

Also does anyone have experience with this specific cabin or similar D1 Aft cabins? Was there a lounger on the deck besides the 2 chairs.

Also does anyone have experience staying in 9576 or similar cabin on another deck? If so, how much bigger was the deck? I am also concerned that we may have less privacy on this deck. I love to sit out on the deck & have breakfast or just rest.

Looking forward to any & all replies to help us make a decision.

I really am not much help because I do not stay in aft cabins. Many people love them so they can have mine. We don't like the LOOOOONG walk to the cabin whenever we want to go.

We prefer the port side of the ship and have a JS or GS so we think our balconies are okay. Have never been bothered with wind but this could be a first for that. On our cruise to Alaska in 2008 we are on the starboard side since we wanted a certain location for the cabin. Hope it works out okay for us.

If you are young and energetic I am sure you would like the aft cabins.

Maybe I can offer some first hand advise?

Two years ago we stayed in Cabin #9576 on the Serenade. Loved the location near the elevators, steady mid-ship location, etc. The balcony was certainly large enough to accommodate a lounge chair; although, there was none there when we arrived. However, the cabin steward did bring us one upon request.

Just returned from Alaska (June 2007 on the NCL Sun). Had an Aft Balcony Cabin.

IMHO....... An Aft Balcony Cabin is the perfect way to go for Alaska if you can get one (they go fast). Sure, you're looking at where the ship has been; however, the views and vistas are simply outstanding from the stern of the ship. And you are correct --- less wind, and we were somewhat sheltered from those occasional rain showers (as long as the ship was moving).

Hands down..........Aft Balcony!!

Enjoy.

To everyone who replied so far, Thanks so much. We now have both cabins reserved as one of my DH brother & wife are joining us. Now - which cabin to keep for ourselves. Still looking for further comments or pictures from anyone to help me convince DH.

mdeane & kellywhitehills: your points are very valid. The long walk does concern me - especially since I have some problems walking due to recent chemotherapy I had ....however I am also very bothered by cold so less wind is an advantage.

RichardK: You're the first reply of anyone that stayed in that specific cabin (9576). Your insight to both cabins really helped. I'm really leaning towards the Aft Cabin -now to convince DH.

Keep those comments coming everyone.

We had an aft cabin 2 yrs. ago on the Diamond Princess and have booked another aft for next yr. It was a great cabin. We had no wind on our balcony. We would walk outdoors some days and would have to wear our coats and gloves. We got lots of morning sun on our balcony which made it nice and warm. carol

My one and only concern about choosing an Aft Cabin was ship movement. We always had chosen a cabin as close to amidships as possible due to movement.

Of the three (3) types of movement -- roll, pitch, and yaw -- the one that affects me the most is yaw! The very stern of the ship would experience that movement most of all.

What convinced me to give it a try was that the Alaska Cruises was an "Inside Passage" one. Consequently, we were not in open seas all that often. Given this, an Aft Cabin worked out fine for me. However, would I book one for say a Transatlantic Voyage? No! But then again, that's just me knowing me, and what I can (might) tolerate in the way of rough seas.

Help - Need advise for July Alaska Cruise on the Serenade of the Seas.

Which cabin would you choose Aft 9658 or very front of Hump 9576 (Starboard Side)?

Weighing the fact that Aft is much further from Elevator but...would there be less wind & more occasion for viewing from our deck while cruising from the Aft cabin?

Also does anyone have experience with this specific cabin or similar D1 Aft cabins? Was there a lounger on the deck besides the 2 chairs.

Also does anyone have experience staying in 9576 or similar cabin on another deck? If so, how much bigger was the deck? I am also concerned that we may have less privacy on this deck. I love to sit out on the deck & have breakfast or just rest.

Looking forward to any & all replies to help us make a decision.

We will be in 9576 on the Jewel in Feb...I will be posting after that so you will have to watch for my review...I have heard it is a good cabin.

Archived