Anyone just back from the Freedom of the Seas?

Labadee we hung around the ship while it was deserted and went ashore long enough for a bit to eat and a few pictures.

Ocho Rios, Margaritaville and shopping in the marketplace by the ship.

Grand Cayman, stingray city with Capt Bryans.

Cozumel, hired a private taxi driver and took our own personal tour of the island. We liked him so much, we booked him again this January.

Sorry, I did not eat at the specialty restaurants.

I have a couple questions and I'm sure there will be more to follow :D

Was the muster drill held outside?

On our Sept. 2 it was and it was hot as heck.

If you did the Western route which side of the ship faced the port in Cozumel and Ocho Rios.
I think it was starboard in both ports.

What night did you find was best for Chops?
We ate in Chops on the first formal night.

What did you do in the ports?
In Labadee, we snorkled, in Jamaica we did Inner Tubing, in Grand Cayman we got off the ship, walked outside the pier and found a bus driver doing $20 tours to Hell and the Western part of the island, then we shopped, in Cozumel we walked off othe ship, went to the El Cid Resort next door to the pier and for $35 spent the day there - all you can eat and drink, and use of snorkleing equipment (we had our own) and use of two pools and a hot tub as well as beach swimming.

Here are pictures if you'd like to see - our cabin was on the starboard side.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560656807eLocZU

I also have posted a review in the Member Review section of CC.

Yes, I did read your review and you were in the cabin at the back of the hump I will be at the front of the hump on starboard side so that is good to know we will be facing the ports.

I especially like to watch the people coming and going while sitting on our balcony.

I like your idea about Cozumel, that sounds nice as we have been there twice before and went to Paradise beach, Chankanaab park and also toured the island in a rented jeep.

Thanks for you help and your pictures are great!!

Take care,

Donna

We were outside for the muster drill. It depends on where your stateroom is, I guess.

You could see land on both sides of the ship in Cozumel. But she docked on the port side. I don't think it is the same every time. We were on her before she started going to Ocho Rios, so we were on Montego Bay instead. So I can't help you with that question.

I see you have most of the answers but here is some more info:

Our cabin was 8540 muster was outside.

We have been to Portofinos before but tried Chops this time, by far Chops was better for us.

Labadee... we always go on the waverunner tour (we ride together), it's fun but you do ride fast and it can be bumpy.

Jamaica... The Canopy tour is one of the BEST excursions we have ever done

Grand Cayman...Stingray City/snorkeling was fun

Cozumel...we rent a moped and ride all around the island, it's fun and you see a lot. ( I think the Cruise ships don't recommend this but we never had a problem). I would consider a Jeep or car also.

The Freedom is a great ship but we wouldn't have a problem going back on the Voyager class.

HAVE FUN!!

Archived