Just Back from Navigator!! Any questions?

aearly

aearly,

My wife and I are taking several family members on your same cruise, in November. I will be looking forward to reading your review. This will be only our second cruise but the first on such a large ship.

Thanks, Ron

We're taking our first cruise ever on Oct. 9th and are sailing on the Navigator. We are doing eastern but I am anxious to hear your review of the ship.

Did you do early or late dining? We signed up for late. How was the food? How was the motion of the boat, did you get sea sick? We are in our 30's and 4 other couples are going along with us. Any recommendations of things we MUST do on the ship? Any great clubs to visit?

40-some days to go lol!

thanks

Robin

We, too, are sailing on the Navigator on April 30, 2005. I'm anxious to read your review. We've gotten alot of good tips on these boards on excursions, etc. so are hoping that you indicate what you did, and who you booked thru, etc. We have late seating for dinner so plan on doing as much as possible in ports since we don't have to rush back to get ready for dinner. Did you fly in a day early, and if you did, where did you stay? I'm trying to get as much feedback on hotels in the area as I can.

Thanks again for posting and will be waiting to read your review.

Welcome home??? (I know I'm always bummed when I have to leave the ship)

We're looking forward to your reveiw and I have a question. We've done the voyager class ships before and DH is a sports nut was a fan of the sports bar. Even I thought it was a great place to hang out because he could watch his sports and I could sit and enjoy a drink and people watch I understand the sports bar has been converted to something else (wine shoppe???) but....Have they moved the multiple TVs elsewhere? Hubby can do without the sports for a week but it was nice to have the sports bar there.

Just to answer a few of these questions before my review:

Early/Late seating: I would definetly take the early seating. If you choose the late seating, your shows will take place before dinner.

The Food:Out of my three voyager class cruises, this food was by far the best (they got in under control). However, the food in the Windjammer seemed to have slipped a bit.

Sports Bar: The sports bar has been replaced by "Vintages" a wine club. The only sports bar type venue is the golf bar up in the viking crown.

Welcome back aearly!

I am sailing on the Navigator in January (Eastern) and can't wait- first cruise!

A couple of questions:

1. Is there still a wine package for dinner? If so, do you know the cost?

2. Did you try the spa?

3. Any favourite dishes? Did you happen to bring back any menus?

Any other faves would also be appreciated.

Cheers,

18 family & friends sailing april 2. western. what shore excursions do you recommend? activities for 13 & 14 y.o's?? Favorite menu items? what would you not do or avoid? ships excursion vs. on-line? Any tips welcome

Archived