Baggage storage in Santiago airport?

jruth4

My cruise on Journey ends in Santiago in Jan. '08. Husband and I are still trying to figure out if it is feasible to go to the Atacama Desert after the cruise. Since we would not be staying in a hotel in Santiago either before or after, we would need baggage storage in the airport. Does anyone know if they have this there? Alternately, does anyone know how I could get this information?

Thanks as always for any help with this.

-Judith

There is luggage storage available at the Santiago airport. Here's the link:

http://www.aeropuertosantiago.cl/contenidos/navTpl.php?c=20040719045542&s=20040719044849

Sorry I don't know the cost. You can try calling them directly. Hope this helps.

Thanks SSN for providing that link. Once again this board has come through!

When I clicked on this link I was able to email and ask questions about the cost, length of time luggage could be left, and limit of number of pieces. If I get an answer I will be sure to share it with this board.

-Judith

we need similar info.we arrive santiago 7am.and fly out the following day at 3.59a.m.

You may already realize this but in case you don't Valparaiso where you arrive is probably 90 minutes or more from the Santiago airport. You might want to hire a private tour operator to take you to see Vina del Mar and Renaca on the coast before you go inland to Santiago. The private car might be able to take your bags for the day so you don't need to go to the airport first.

thanks for the advice eh2zed,our current thinking is to get a budget hotel in santiago,that would allow us to shower and lay our heads down,then taxi to airport around midnight.we are sharing taxi from valparaiso to santiago,probably arriving before noon.anybody know of clean budget hotel?

There is a new Holiday Inn on the grounds at the Santiago airport. We are looking into it.

That Holiday Inn is directly across from the Santiago Airport. It looks like a good option.

Here is the link--

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/availsearch?errorURL=/h/d/hi/1/en/advancedsearch&availCheckCaching=n&_requestid=768756

• 3 weeks later...

:)

I'm glad to help out. This board has helped us a lot and I'm happy that I can do the same to help others.

Hello,

Just found out that it cost $3,500 peso (US$7) for a big piece of luggage and $2,500 peso (US$5) for a small piece of luggage. There is no limit to the number of days you can store luggage at the airport. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just stayed in the Santiago airport Hilton at the end of August at a day rate of $65 (which is 10 hours or less I believe). You get a nice room and have access to the hotel restaurant and Internet while there.

It was great for a long layover!

VB1

PS--Just as an FYI, you cannot eat at the hotel restaurant if you are not a guest (some folks inquired while I was checking in).

Archived