Room Location

halliewd

I know don't sweat it but as long as I have the choice I might as well get the best location ;)

Port front or front front...........when I say front front I mean looking straight out the front of the ship. Port front is the 1st room on the port side

Thanks

I guess it depends on the category of cabin. If I had a regular balcony, I'd go port, amidships, although port or starboard doesn't make a difference to me. Amidships is where the least amount of sea movement is felt. Forward and aft can be more "rocky". Having said that, I'm booked in a suite aboard the Pearl and its forward, directly under the bridge. I've had the same suite in the past and loved it because of the huge balcony, and quite frankly, didn't even notice any more rocking or rolling as compared to cabins I've had closer to amidship.;)

We normally go as far forward on the Starboard side. Just preference, I suppose. Makes it easier when getting off the elevators. That way we always turn left. We have been in both the mini and balcony cabins, no extra wind being below the bridge. :)

Halliewd,

Yes, the forward facing balconies are windy when the ship is underway, but not enough to keep you off the balcony. We could catch some rays on sea days, and the lounges are below the metal face of the balcony creaating a wind break. There is one other minor issue, and that's the hatchway to the balcony. There is a heavy steel door that has to be latched at night. There are actually two doors in the hatchway. An interior cabin door, nicely finished wood, and the hatch itself. Leaving the hatch open, and the interior door closed, still makes it difficult to open the cabin exit door when the ship is underway because of the wind.

Another issue is the light from the underbridge cabins at night. They insist you pull your drapes, and close the hatch a night to keep the light from the cabins from affecting the night-vision of the bridge crew. I found it wasn't a problem sitting on our balcony a night without lights, actually my wife and I found it romantic.

I enjoyed the AC on the Pearl so much, I booked the same cabin for another cruise in April.;)

Thom

THANKS!!!...that is the type of info I was looking for....we went with it so good or bad I'm sure it will be better then the snow and cold in WI

Who closes the metal door? crew or are we instructed to do it

and I'm not sure but it almost seems we are above the bridge vs below

Archived