A few questions from a first-time cruiser...only 58 sleeps!

scooterrach

:D

Hi everyone,

I just have a few questions for you. I'm going on Pacific Dawn on 23rd Nov. Being a new cruiser they may sound a bit silly but its better to ask right?

1. Are there mosquito's at night? I hate mozzies

2. Do we get fresh linen eg towels, sheets on the cruise?

Thanks for your help, I love CC its a great msg board, so much help.

Cheers

Rach

Not silly questions at all!

I have never had problems with mozzies on the sea, on the islands perhaps in the tours that go into the jungle areas, make sure you put on some repellant.

You get clean towels and pool towles everyday, your beds are made and the cabin tidied, as the above poster said, just like a hotel, they often clean up again while you are at dinner.

If you require clean sheets during your cruise just ask!!

Chez

xx

I've never had any issues with mozzies on the islands. You're usually back on the ship getting ready for dinner by the time they come out, so it shouldn't be an issue. Flys can often be a problem, but there's not much you can do about them.

You won't need it while at sea but if you're worried about being chomped on by the bugs, take a little can of Aeroguard (and 'ave a good weekend) with you and pop some on before going to the islands :D

Welcome to CC by the way :D

I've never had any issues with mozzies on the islands. You're usually back on the ship getting ready for dinner by the time they come out, so it shouldn't be an issue. Flys can often be a problem, but there's not much you can do about them.

We were getting carted away by mossies at Pentecoste when we were there last year. Dad suddenly became very popular with the entertainment crew when they saw him with a can of Rid!

We were getting carted away by mossies at Pentecoste when we were there last year. Dad suddenly became very popular with the entertainment crew when they saw him with a can of Rid!

I'm really surprised to hear that Kym. I'm usually the first one to get eaten by mozzies but i've never had any problems with them on the islands (during daylight hours).

I did get chomped on (by MOZZIES) at night while we were on our honeymoon in Vanuatu last year though.

I hope they left some Rid for your Dad lol!

If you are worried about mozzies I would take a small roll on of Aeroguard. I cant see this being an issue.

As for beding anf linen we found that the beds were made everyday with fresh towels. Just like being in a hotel.

:eek: They make the beds with fresh towels????? I prefer sheets myself? So does that mean we can expect to see people pool side toga style with the sheets? :p

:eek: They make the beds with fresh towels????? I prefer sheets myself? So does that mean we can expect to see people pool side toga style with the sheets? :p

I was going to say that too Liz:D .

We also got eaten alive by mozzies on Pentecost. Not a problem anywhere else though.

Karen

Archived