Walking in Ft Lauderdale

Addictedtocruising

I will be staying at the Cocobelle hotel in Oct, has anyone stayed here? We were thinking of going to the bars at the Gallery at Beach Place and the hotel is less than a mile away (is it safe to walk there) What is the cost of the parking garage?

Also maybe you can recommend a nice place for breakfast in that area ?

Feel free to give me all your advice :D

Thanks for your time

Donna

The area is safe for walking. We depend a lot on the tourist dollar so exta attention is paid on the tourist areas by local law enforcement. Regardless of where you travel to, when in an unfamiliar place always be aware of your surroundings. Have a great trip.

///////////

I'd add the recommendation to walk along the sidewalk of State Road A1A rather than the street that is a block inward. More open, more traffic and thus I think a little bit safer due to visibility.

Not sure what the parking garage charge at Beach Place is but it's not that much for a few hours of partying.

BobK/Orlando

was there last feb. remember the sing in front of the beach place parking garage rate was 12.00 for the night after 5pm it is also one block back from the ocean .I would recomend if walking stay the main drag 1a lots of lite and people shops i felt safe walking on the main drag after midnight

Archived