Helicopter or Float Plane with a 10 1/2 month old

Yankee123

Hello All,

We were wondering if anyone has done a Helicopter ride or a Float Plane ride with children under 1 or close about? and how did they plan it? how did the child take it?

We are planning an Alaska Cruise for next year with our DS who will be 10 1/2 month old at the time, and would love to do the Helicopter ride to dog sledding and a Float Plane to view Misty Fjords. I don't know if the baby will stay quiet that long. We were planning to take a bottle along and at least one toy to keep him entertained.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Most helicopter tours have a minimum age and/or weight. I doubt that your ds will be old enough for this type of tour.

Well, after doing some research, I see that many helicopter tours in AK don't seem to have minimums. My experience has been in HI, where my 2 year old was too young.

Just, MHO, but I wouldn't do it. Helicopters are very noisy and they are very weight distribution dependent. I don't think baby would like the noise. If baby starts doing a lot of wiggling or bouncing between parents, it might cause some problems.

Archived