Best place to eat......

terboo

Where is a good place to eat in Miami Bayside/Downtown area? My husband and I will be pre cruising in Miami staying at the intercontinental and what’d a good place to eat.

So any suggestions would be awesome.

I will post this on the east coast board but there is usually more activity here.

Thanks!

Terboo:p

Where is a good place to eat in Miami Bayside/Downtown area? My husband and I will be pre cruising in Miami staying at the intercontinental and what’d a good place to eat.

I will post this on the east coast board but there is usually more activity here.

Thanks!

It's pretty cliche' but we ate at Bubba Gumps, Fun atmosphere and good food. You can't go wrong at Bayside imho. Have fune.

Depending on what you are looking for, there is an excellent Chart House Restaurant in Biscayne Bay. Steak and Seafood. Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, I have not eaten at that particular spot but I have been a frequent visitor of the Chart House in Newport Beach, California. You can't go wrong. $$$$

Cruised out of Miami twice, and both times been to Bubba Gump's the night before. And now we're taking the kids, so we'll definitely go there next Sunday night!! WHOOHOOO!!!!

No, it's not the GREATEST food ever, nor the best price, but it is GOOD and FUN and they REALLY do have good drinks!!

Where ever you decide to eat, just be aware that many restaurants in the Miami area add a "service charge" also known as TIP to your bill for you. :eek:

The better ones tell you that you can change it up or down depending on your service, others just leave it right there.

Take a cab to Southbeach. It's worth the CHEAP cabride, and thoroughly entertaining. We have eaten at least 6 times at the News Cafe. Or at least I think that's what it's called. It's at least the News Something. Great food, even better people watching. If you take a cab over at about 4 in the afternoon you drive right past the cruise ships which is always fun to see. If you are a drinker stop by Wet Willie's and have a frozen drink. My favorite place to go in Southbeach. But watch out, they hit you like a ton of bricks before you know it. Go upstairs and sit outside and watch the action down below. Just talking about it has me all pumped up for February. Also, there is a good Mexican restaurant in the Bayside Marketplace. You can sit outside or inside and watch all the boats in the marina. But I'm not sure of the name, I just know how to find it!!! Also, if you want to go to a bar setting and see the cruise ships you can go to Hooter's at Bayside. It is on the second floor and has a view of the ships. Lots of the cruise ship crew hang out there. They are a lot of fun to talk to, and get good "scoop" from. Whatever you decide to do, have a wonderful time on your cruise!!

we ate at this great and fun place called Cafe tu tu tango before leaving in March. There are actually live tango dancers and artists (painters, sculptors, etc.) that are working around the restaurant. Very fun and entertaining. Also something unique.

~pugmommy

Thanks!

Hopefully you will get better responses on the East Coast Board than here. These are nothing more than fast food high priced chain food restaraunts. One poster gave you the best advice. Go to South beach or Collins Ave. Find a good Cuban restaraut and enjoy. Why eat at the same joint you can eat at in Vegas, Atlantic City, San Jaun or any other place.

Go to a local place and enjoy...

Cuban food is great and once you have a slice of their bread with dinner you will try to find it at home...;)

Oops...almost forgot. There is a street next to the Miami Beach Convention Center that is all closed off to traffic. It is about three or four blocks long. Clubs, food and shops...Great area...Wish I could remember the name but I can't. I'll think on it.

Go for the Cuban food......:D

Hopefully you will get better responses on the East Coast Board than here. These are nothing more than fast food high priced chain food restaraunts. One poster gave you the best advice. Go to South beach or Collins Ave. Find a good Cuban restaraut and enjoy. Why eat at the same joint you can eat at in Vegas, Atlantic City, San Jaun or any other place.

Go to a local place and enjoy...

Cuban food is great and once you have a slice of their bread with dinner you will try to find it at home...;)

She is asking about restaurants at bayside;)

She is asking about restaurants at bayside;)
I know...but why ????

It is nothing but upscale Micky D's places.

Geez...didn't know I couldn't steer someone in a different (and better) direction on these boards.:p

I see you always answer the question asked all the time......:rolleyes:

I know...but why ????

Geez...didn't know I couldn't steer someone in a different (and better) direction on these boards.:p

Not a problem. You can point out anything you want. I was just reiterating what the op requested. Staying at the Intercontinental I'm assuming they want to dine somewhere within walking distance.

I know...but why ????

Not everyone wants to spend scads of money on a meal. I am happy with what's at Bayside because there's such a variety.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Located at Bayside’s Main Entrance Chili's Second floor, North Pavilion Food Court 2nd Floor, South Pavilion Hard Rock Cafe South Pavilion Hooters Second Floor, North Pavilion Latin American Cafeteria South Pavilion Live Musical Entertainment Marina Stage Lombardi’s Ristorante South Pavilion Los Ranchos North Pavilion Mambo Café South Pavilion The Knife South Pavilion

There's the list, here's the website for Bayside:

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/index.asp

South Beach and cuban food - If it's a local place, will it be less pricey and casual? We are travelling w/ the entire crew and would rather spend our money on the ports/excursions, but Cuban food is delicious! I love their seasonings and around here they usually make pork dishes like I've never tasted before! Yummmm!!!

We are still trying to decide if we should find a hotel in FLL or Miami. So far, I haven't found any deals on Hotwire or Priceline and we need 3 rooms. I know I can just stay at any hotel, but I'd rather find one near something or a very nice hotel not near the action, but a good deal. We'll have a rental car, so we can get around.

Lombardi’s Ristorante Thanks to the previous poster for posting this :) We ate here after our last cruise. The food was excellent and reasonable. The atmosphere was ok nothing like the Italian resturants we have around here. Service was slow since the staff spent most of their time outside trying to get people to come inside and eat. Despite all of that I'd still like to go back as would my husband. If you are adventurous you might want to walk the streets located around the hotel to find a local eatery. Several on our last cruise said they found a wonderful Cuban resturant that was reasonable and had incredible food. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Not everyone wants to spend scads of money on a meal. I am happy with what's at Bayside because there's such a variety.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Located at Bayside’s Main Entrance Chili's Second floor, North Pavilion Food Court 2nd Floor, South Pavilion Hard Rock Cafe South Pavilion Hooters Second Floor, North Pavilion Latin American Cafeteria South Pavilion Live Musical Entertainment Marina Stage Lombardi’s Ristorante South Pavilion Los Ranchos North Pavilion Mambo Café South Pavilion The Knife South Pavilion

There's the list, here's the website for Bayside:

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/index.asp

Food at Cuban restaraunts is very inexpensive comapred to other places. If I go to an area I have never been to I like to try something different than chains...

For those with a Spanish food appetite and if you are flying in a day or 2 earlier you may want to stop at Versailles Cuban Restaurant. Their food and prices are great. We go right from the airport to chow down before we make it down to the Holiday Inn hotel, Versailles is located on 3555 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33135

Some pictures and review here:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hZm7TunlrksQbgS0ssXbUg

Fred

Archived