PV Sea Life Park & Dolphin Swim

moanamama

I have a Vision of the Seas Port Stop in PV on November 8th 2007. I'm confused on the time differences. I'm wondering what time I should book the Dolphin Encounter so we still have time to do the Water Park and maybe a little shopping in town? Our ship schedule shows it arrives at 8:00 A.M. and doesn't leave until 8:00 P.M. Also I read that the yellow taxi's can only take up to 4 people, I have 5 in my family. Are there some that will fit 5 in for one rate instead of per person? What is the rate usually to go to the Sea Life Park?

I have a Vision of the Seas Port Stop in PV on November 8th 2007. I'm confused on the time differences. I'm wondering what time I should book the Dolphin Encounter so we still have time to do the Water Park and maybe a little shopping in town? Our ship schedule shows it arrives at 8:00 A.M. and doesn't leave until 8:00 P.M. Also I read that the yellow taxi's can only take up to 4 people, I have 5 in my family. Are there some that will fit 5 in for one rate instead of per person? What is the rate usually to go to the Sea Life Park?

Hi Moanamama,

I would suggest the 10:00 AM time slot. Then you'll be done by 11:00 AM and have lots of time for everything else you want to do. I would not do earlier, you never know what complications could arise getting off the ship.

Yellow taxis can only actually take 3 people. 5 people is not really possible. However, there are van-taxis that you can take for about double the fare, which is still much less than the per person rate charged by the white marina taxis. If all else fails, you can always take the marina taxi. Regular rate should be about $10 USD to Sea Life Park from the marina, roughly - I haven't gone that direction lately, though.

I hope this helps, have a great time!

So if it's 10:00 in PV, is the ship on a different time? I read several posts that say's the ship time is on a different time. Also do you know if I will be able to video tape my children when they are doing the dolphen encounter or do they make the watchers stand too far away? Thank you so much for your help.

So if it's 10:00 in PV, is the ship on a different time? I read several posts that say's the ship time is on a different time. Also do you know if I will be able to video tape my children when they are doing the dolphen encounter or do they make the watchers stand too far away? Thank you so much for your help.

I'm not sure if your ship is on ship time or local time - you'll need to verify this with your ship to be safe. They're the only ones who will know for sure.

You won't be able to video tape your kids - the reason is that they video tape the activity and sell you the video afterward. I highly recommend that you do the activity with your kids, then all of you will be on the video together - a wonderful memory.

I hope this helps, have a great time!

Hi,

we booked Sea Life Park directly w/ the park and I just got an email stating that the "waterpark" will be closed for renovations. it doesn't give a timeline for when they plan to be finished. we have a waterpark across the street from our house, so not a major deal for us. But i wouldn't want your kids to be disappointed.

Maybe if you contact the park directly, they can give you a idea of when they will be done.

Hayley

HI,

I called and made a reservation to swim with the Dolphins yesterday and I asked them about the waterpark being closed. They told me it is scheduled to be open on October 16th but that the slide area will ONLY be open until 3:00. I'll post any new info if they email me since making my reservation. Thanks

Hi,

we booked Sea Life Park directly w/ the park and I just got an email stating that the "waterpark" will be closed for renovations. it doesn't give a timeline for when they plan to be finished. we have a waterpark across the street from our house, so not a major deal for us. But i wouldn't want your kids to be disappointed.

Maybe if you contact the park directly, they can give you a idea of when they will be done.

Hayley

We've been instructed that the estimated re-opening date will be October 18th. Should be up and running by the time you arrive in November.

Hope this helps, have a great time!

We have a reservation for 10/25 and we also received the email about the waterpark being closed. We made the reservation for the sea lion encounter by email. I guess they are leaving a little extra time if they don't get the waterpark back open but we would rather do the sea lions!

Archived