Selling me a cruise for $500. bucks whadaya think

hjlanda22

There is someone selling me a cruise for 4 that he won (he works for circut city and won it for having the top selling home theater dept.) Any how its a 5 day carnival cruise for 4 you can choose from baja california, or eastern or western carribien He is selling it to me for & 500 but he says when you choose which cruise we go on we will then have to pay port fees/taxes its a great deal in my opinion and just want to know if anyone has bought a cruise that was "WON" that they could not go on????

There is someone selling me a cruise for 4 that he won (he works for circut city and won it for having the top selling home theater dept.) Any how its a 5 day carnival cruise for 4 you can choose from baja california, or eastern or western carribien He is selling it to me for & 500 but he says when you choose which cruise we go on we will then have to pay port fees/taxes its a great deal in my opinion and just want to know if anyone has bought a cruise that was "WON" that they could not go on????

I won a cruise from our local supermarkets and it was non-transferable.

is this person like a good friend of yours? or just someone you met ?

i would make sure you could book it first,, but call ing the cruiseline or whatever with his paperwork, and then pay him...

dont pay him before you double check it ..

take care

Melissa

not a tax atty or an irs agent, but isn't there the issue of including the value of this "prize" into gross income? it will be reported by the gift giver, whomever that may be.

seems he wld be stuck w/ the bill, but still, does anyone know?

Normally, he would be charged with the taxes on it through his payroll, the same as a cash "bonus". So he's probably already paid the taxes on it. If he cares to sell his prize, it would be the same as selling a gift from the company. MY advice is to check the fine print and make sure with Carnival that it is transferrable before you give him any money for it.

Don't give up so fast. Tell him you'll pay him ONLY after you have a confirmed booking with the cruise line. This means, you are booked, have an assigned cabin, a receipt which shows what you've paid and your balance due, and a BOOKING NUMBER.

If you can get all those things (which you can do pretty quickly over the phone with Carnival), then I'd do it.

Tell him I'll give him $600 for it. ;)

Archived