Jewel of the Seas Internet Connection

We're going on the Jewel of the Seas on Nov 11 and we are officially doing the DOC DANCE. But really we would like to know from those of you who have already sailed on the ship if it is worth our while to bring our laptop. In our docs it states that if we have a wireless card than we will be able to pick up the internet in our stateroom. Does anyone know if this is true or should we not bother bringing it and just go to the internet cafe' when we want to go on line. We need your knowledge and experience. THANKS! :)

We're going on the Jewel of the Seas on Nov 11 and we are officially doing the DOC DANCE. But really we would like to know from those of you who have already sailed on the ship if it is worth our while to bring our laptop. In our docs it states that if we have a wireless card than we will be able to pick up the internet in our stateroom. Does anyone know if this is true or should we not bother bringing it and just go to the internet cafe' when we want to go on line. We need your knowledge and experience. THANKS! :)

I say bring your laptop.

You won´t be able to catch the WiFi signal in your cabin unless your cabin is close to one of the Hotspots. However the WiFi with your laptop is much faster than their terminals and you have the advantage of downloading e´s and then read them offline and type offline before sending. That´s if you want to go the WiFi route. Then on the Jewel you have the option of CyberCabin. This is a wired dial up connection from your room. You have to get the kit for it from the pursers desk asap after boarding as they only have a limited number. Your laptop needs a modem for this. It´s slow, much slower than WiFi but it´s unlimited access 24/7 for a set price.

We had an inside cabin on Deck 4 of Jewel, quite near to the lobby bar. Not sure if we were close to a hot spot, but as soon as I turned my laptop on it detected the RC wireless network. I didn't use the network, but it seemed like the signal was strong and available.

• 5 months later...

Hi.Do you need any kit (for connect wired internet in your stateroom) which is first came based ?

I really need internet access with my laptop to check email everyday.

I know it is slow but flat late is best.

Hi.Do you need any kit (for connect wired internet in your stateroom) which is first came based ?

I really need internet access with my laptop to check email everyday.

I know it is slow but flat late is best.

Yes you need a cable provided by the ship and there´s only a limited amount available. Go to guest relations ASAP after boarding. To my experience they go fast.

Archived