Cruise Dock or Stingray Sandbar to QEII Botanical Parl

Jade13

We want to go to the QEIIBP after an Excursion to Stingray City. I have been told a taxi is around $75.00 each way from the cruise dock. Is it any closer is we can get a taxi closer to Stingray City instead of going back into town? Where are the stingrays in relation to town vs. QEIIBP?

You'll have to go back to town for the cabs. Stingray City/Sandbar is located in the North Sound and the botanical gardens is clear on the other side of the island.

If you look at a map of the island, the stingrays are up near what looks like the back end (the claw part) of a hammer...and the botanical garden is over near the middle of the rounded part (on Frank Sound Road). To me, that side of the island looks like a whale. It's also probably a 20-30 minute drive each way to the botanical park.

You'll have to go back to town for the cabs. Stingray City/Sandbar is located in the North Sound and the botanical gardens is clear on the other side of the island.

If you look at a map of the island, the stingrays are up near what looks like the back end (the claw part) of a hammer...and the botanical garden is over near the middle of the rounded part (on Frank Sound Road). To me, that side of the island looks like a whale. It's also probably a 20-30 minute drive each way to the botanical park.

Thanks. So, it sounds like I can do both and getting to/from the park leaving the dock area at 11:30-12:00pm (ship departs at 5:00pm) should not be a problem (no traffic?)- only issue is possibly $150 in cab fares :(

My only other issue is that I will have a 15 and 16 year old. Will there be somewhere to grab a sandwich at/near the dock or taxi area? We have limited time (need something to go) and also don't want to be anywhere they are selling turtle meat (have pet tortoises).

If you leave the dock area by noon, you should have no problem. Traffic over on that side of the island is about non-exsistant, at least during the day. When there are a lot of ships in port, we always head that direction to get away from the crowds.

There's a Burger King toward 7MB area, but I am not sure if you could walk there or not (I just don't remember the exact distance). There are several restaurants...but a lot will depend on how many ships are in port...as to how busy they are.

Here's a restaurant guide. Not all are listed, but it will give you an idea of what's around the area. I don't recall seeing turtle meat on the menus, but like you, I wouldn't eat it. I'm sure some of the places must offer this, but since we wouldn't eat it...we didn't pay any attention to who offered it and who didn't.

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_results_list.asp?restaurantID=0&locationID=0&cuisineID=0

Archived