NCL Dawn - E.Caribbean Itinerary Questions

Cruisin'BusyBee

Hi to all those here at this site who are so helpful! Has anyone gone on the Eastern Caribbean (Samana and Tortola) Itinerary yet this fall? If so, is it possible to get some "up to date" info on Islands visited, Freestyle Dailies (please please for this trip :) :) :) - would love to view prior to going) along with any "up to date menus" and spa info. We will be going Nov. 11 (hoping for relaxing cruise!). Just got Docs with "real luggage tags" , coupon book - nothin' looks too good in it, but no "official" cruise ticket - (Do I use the E-ticket print out?) - does anyone get something other than that???????:confused:

..................gettin' closer to the waves......................C/BB

Actually you're on the first cruise for the Dawn after repositioning from New York so at best some of the folks here night give you info on specific ports etc. and even the ship, but not the itinerary.

We have been on the Dawn twice and you will love her. I don't know anything about Samana since I think that is a new port this year. I would say that if you visit Tortola and time allows, be sure to book the excursion to Virgin Gorda to see the Baths. It is breathtaking. But be sure to book it through NCL as it requires a ferry ride to Virgin Gorda and if you miss the boat....by miss the BOAT! :eek:

I have been reading the board for Samana and it does not look real good. People generally say the poverty is oppressive and there is really nothing to do there. I am considering just staying on the ship that day and booking a spa treatment. :D

However, everyone seems to LOVE Tortola.

We took a bus to a beautiful beach in Tortola. The bus ride was scary on those mountains, but the view on the ride and the beach were fantastic. You'll have a great time.

My Dailies and menus are almost a year old, but I think the menus are still the same. We were the first cruise with the new menus.

I am doing this cruise in December. I don't have my hopes up for Samana, but only for Tortola. Went to St. Thomas for the first time last year on the Jewel, so I know what to expect there. We booked the Discover Samana tour already since there wouldn't be much else to do there.

We will be in Tortola next February. As I said, we already visited the Baths on Virgin Gorda (twice & it was worth it), and another time we just walked around the town. This time we probably would like to go to a beach or something. What do you suggest? Can you get a ride (safely) to a beach & be sure to be picked up before the ship leaves? And, which beach?

Hello,

We will be on the cruise the following week. Info about Samana is hard to find. I went to Trip Advisor and asked about a beach to go to with our kids. I was told that there is a beach about 45 min. away with NO vendors (which seems to be a huge and annoying problem on "Bacardi Isalad or Cayo whatever!) I reposted and asked how much a taxi is and the name of the beach. Have fun! Rebecca

• 4 weeks later...

We're on the Dawn/Eastern in December and while in Samana are going to this all-inclusive resort. $35-adults $17.50 children and includes buffet, drinks, use of pool, beach, non motorized water vehicles. Looks nice and have reviewed as well as had recommendations from past cruisers. It's approx. a 20 minute ride from the port. http://www.amhsamarina.com/AmhsaIngles/casamarinabay.aspx

We are also going on November 25 on the Dawn. Everyone seems to agree that Virgin Gorda is a must see. I haven't been on the Dawn before but have done the Jewel twice-once to Eastern Carribbean. I think we will just stay on the ship in Samana or maybe walk around a bit.

We are also going on November 25 on the Dawn. Everyone seems to agree that Virgin Gorda is a must see. I haven't been on the Dawn before but have done the Jewel twice-once to Eastern Carribbean. I think we will just stay on the ship in Samana or maybe walk around a bit.

A year or so ago, walking around Samana was not described as a real fun way to spend time, so I hope you CAN get some current feedback on what is like today.

The BVI however are as safe as they are lovely ... so they say.

A year or so ago, walking around Samana was not described as a real fun way to spend time, so I hope you CAN get some current feedback on what is like today.

The BVI however are as safe as they are lovely ... so they say.

Or maybe a really short walk :eek:

Hello : Samana is well known for whale watching. Most of the hump back whale population in North America go to this region each year between November and April. I am looking forward to taking some great ( I hope) pictures of the whales as they jump out of the water . Norwegian offers a day trip for this adventure.

Archived