Been on the Paradise lately?

Parrothead420

Booked a short 3 day cruise for Dec 21 - 24, 2007 on CCL Paradise for my finace, daughter and myself for a little Christmas time sun and fun before the festivities.

Just wondering if anyone has been on the Paradise lately and what kind of shape it is in since its scheduled for refurbishment soon? I was on the Imagination exactly a year ago today, though we had a ton of fun the cabins we stayed in and saw are in pretty sad shape. I hope the Paradise is in better condition.

Also, I was wondering if the boats are decorated for Christmas and if there is anything special that happens on the boats?

Thanks everyone!

Happy Cruising!

Also, I was wondering if the boats are decorated for Christmas and if there is anything special that happens on the boats?

Decorations/special meal/special show/probably a visit from Santa

Booked a short 3 day cruise for Dec 21 - 24, 2007 on CCL Paradise for my finace, daughter and myself for a little Christmas time sun and fun before the festivities.

Just wondering if anyone has been on the Paradise lately and what kind of shape it is in since its scheduled for refurbishment soon? I was on the Imagination exactly a year ago today, though we had a ton of fun the cabins we stayed in and saw are in pretty sad shape. I hope the Paradise is in better condition.

Thanks everyone!

Happy Cruising!

Hubby and I are booked on the same cruise!

We also sailed on the Paradise over Labor Day weekend. Since we' just sailed the Carnival Freedom a few months earlier (her inaugural sailing was in March of this year) and everything was so new, to us the Paradise looked a little worn. But it was still a wonderful cruise!

I'm sure that the ship will be decorated for Christmas, but we've only ever been on a Carnival ship a couple of weeks before Christmas, not as close to Christmas as this cruise will be. It would be fun if there was something extra special happening on the ship.

Our Labor Day cruise was so relaxing, we're looking forward to having those few days right before Christmas to relax after all the things you have to do to get ready for Christmas!! *L*

If we're lucky, there will be sun....but Ensenada isn't all that far from southern California. We could just as easily have cold and wet weather. The one thing we know we WILL have is a great time! See you there!

Just got back on a 4 day on the Paradise. I wrote a review but I guess it wasn't ok to post.

Anyway we had a great time. Sailed Carnival 5 times before, so we aren't new to the system.

The Ship I thought was great, but everyone has there own thing. I couldn't find really anything wrong except our window was quite dirty. Food ok, it was just what we wanted and expected.

Unfortunately we had to get home to rest. To much to do on a cruise!!

We will do this again, but a 3 day for us wouldn't be long enough 4 day yes!!.:D Our next cruise is in Feb, 2008 to Acapulco!! Can't wait. On the Spirit.

Yes, she will be decorated and quite lovely to. I cruised over New Years last year on the Paradise. The ship was still decorated and so pretty. Walked on and received a free glass of champaine(?) It flowed freely on New Years Eve night also. I love the Paradise (not the ports though).

Can't help with the special Chritmas activities, but the ship will look nice.:D

Happy cruising~

Donna

We will do this again, but a 3 day for us wouldn't be long enough 4 day yes!!.:D Our next cruise is in Feb, 2008 to Acapulco!! Can't wait. On the Spirit.

We did the Spirit's 8-day Mexican Riviera cruise in Dec. of 2005.....GREAT!!!

It has been one of our favorite cruises (our favorite so far being the Med cruise on the Carnival Freedom) because of its port and because of it's length, and number of sea days.

We will definitely take a cruise out of San Diego again one day. Being able to take the Amtrak train and skip hours of freeway traffic was the BEST! Plus our hotel was about two blocks from the train station and directly across the street from the Spirit's dock. We've never had LESS stress getting to the port!

Archived