Dinner without the kid?

joy508travels

Is this possible? We're going on the 3 day cruise in March '08. (category #3, one br. suite we just rec'd our cabin #). I haven't digested all of the information yet, so I am sure I will have plenty of questions for the veterans...

Was wondering if it is possible to have dinner one night without our son at the adults only restaurant.

Yes it is!! YEAH!!! Parents need some time too.

you didnt say the age of your child but if he is old enough to go to the clubs, just ask them to feed him that evening when you have reservations for Palos or anyother night. They take the kids to the buffet for dinner, but only if you request it. It is all kid friendly foods like pizza, fruits, hot dogs, burgers, mac and cheese, jellos, chicken fingers etc...

Also you have the option of feeding him around the pool area or room service then take him to the club before you go to dinner in case it is a later time in the evening. If your reservation is past your normal dinner time you can also take him to the dining room and let him eat like he would anyway and you not eat, just tell your servers your going to Palos. Then take him to the club.

Now if you have one that is NOT potty trained yet they have Flounders nursery. it is $6 per hour, minimum 2 hours.

This is reservation only, so as soon as you book Palos you need to reserve the nursery they do limit how many kids they have in there at any given time and it is NOT open all the time.

If you have a scheduling problem they will work with you, maybe have to change your dinner ressies but they will work with you so you can do this.

mom x4,grandma x4

I am trying to remember,it has been awhile since we took the grandkids and used the club. I believe it was 9 to 9:30 a.m. to midnights most nights. They go all day long and all evening too. They didnt close up during the day like other ships do.

He will have his own Navigtor section of the paper that will tell him different events each day.

Most you can just show up and participate, a few you must sign up for because of the nature of the event, such as making flubber you sign up for because it is a highly supervised event with just a few kids at a time.

They also have lots of free time in the club areas.

Be sure and read what events are in Studio Sea too. That club has tons of family events to do. Dont miss the Pirate deck party!!

mom x4,grandma x4

The first night out might be a little dicey as far as having your son and yourself comfortable without each other, but by the second night your youngster will want to be with his friends for pizza and pirates. That being said, make sure that you do not accidentally pick the night that has Animators Palate, it is a real Disney treat and should not be missed for Palos.

As a fellow C3 traveler I would call Disney as your earliest convenience and request that your dining rotation begins with Animators Palate, and ask which night would then put you in Parrot Cay. Whatever night is Parrot Cay, use that night for Palos. By having Animators Palate on the first night you will be able to have dinner with your child in a fantastic dinner setting at a point in time when your child is not yet fully comfortable with the Oceaners Club. By noon on the first full day your child will be having so much fun you will be amazed and he will not want to be away from his friends during dinner.

Make sure to follow up on this thread with any C3 questions, you have ALOT of options open to you with this category.

I cannot thank you (and everyone) enough! We are new to this Disney Cruise thing :) Son & s/o are really looking forward to it! I do have a million Cat. #3 questions...I guess I will do a search, and then ask away :) Disney has already given us our cabin #... However we haven't received anything in the mail yet. There's so much info to digest...

If you want to run it down for me "Category 3 for dummies" :) I would greatly appreciate the information. Going to post a thread with that title right now! And thanks again!

The first night out might be a little dicey as far as having your son and yourself comfortable without each other, but by the second night your youngster will want to be with his friends for pizza and pirates. That being said, make sure that you do not accidentally pick the night that has Animators Palate, it is a real Disney treat and should not be missed for Palos.

As a fellow C3 traveler I would call Disney as your earliest convenience and request that your dining rotation begins with Animators Palate, and ask which night would then put you in Parrot Cay. Whatever night is Parrot Cay, use that night for Palos. By having Animators Palate on the first night you will be able to have dinner with your child in a fantastic dinner setting at a point in time when your child is not yet fully comfortable with the Oceaners Club. By noon on the first full day your child will be having so much fun you will be amazed and he will not want to be away from his friends during dinner.

Make sure to follow up on this thread with any C3 questions, you have ALOT of options open to you with this category.

Archived