Carnival Liberty 09/23/07 review (LONG)

jennybabee

You know what ??? I just thought of something. I am MAD that Carnival is making me WAIT 8 MORE DAYS before I can go on my cruise! This is the last time I am sailing with ccl!

was just gonna say, wow you are on the S&S sailing. you'll have a blast, i'm sure.

just remember, if ya want food, smile, and it will appear, like magic.

...at least that what kurb said in one post somewhere in here.:cool: :p

why?????? no good? not open? wassup w/ them? do tell, lol. it's okay if they stink. there is plenty of other food, lol.

[i'm around most fridays now. all the sports have kicked in. so i'm up at the crack of dawn to start running from field to field. we do no sports in summer. summer is total play time:D. me running around for everyone else, as well as fields of any kind are strictly off limits, and it's water, sun and sand. we will get to go out on the boat all w'end anyway though (after the games), b/c it supposed to GREAT weather. i'll take it!:p]

Since the fish and chips and chinese are at the buffet they are the same hours as the buffet. Hey my dh loves the fish and chips. Ya gotta try them.

Me no like fish:eek:

See....nice weather.......closed the pool too early. I'm thinkin....hot pool guy;)

See, that's what I get for not following this post in a day or two. I completely apologize, ... I need to get my facts straight. She did find the food. Cool, ....... lines still long??? :D

Hey I just noticed you called me slacker ..... if it weren't true I would be p_ssed! :D But hey instead I'll just pop another Miller Lite (official beer of the MTL= more taste league) and enjoy my slackerdness!:rolleyes:

Just a wild guess, but are you feeling happy cause it's the weekend???:p

Since the fish and chips and chinese are at the buffet they are the same hours as the buffet. Hey my dh loves the fish and chips. Ya gotta try them.

Me no like fish:eek:

See....nice weather.......closed the pool too early. I'm thinkin....hot pool guy;)

ahhhh, i misread your post, sorry. i thought you said "forget about them" as in they suck, now i see you said "you forgot about them." i thought they were in a different area. so, they are in buffet, like same deal as "taste of nations" on the fantasy class? and they keep the same hours as buffet, or no?

yes...friggin, eh. as soon as the pool gets closed the weather starts a scorchin'.:rolleyes: not gettin the hot pools guys back until next season, kurb. i've already paid them too much, lol

ahhhh, i misread your post, sorry. i thought you said "forget about them" as in they suck, now i see you said "you forgot about them." i thought they were in a different area. so, they are in buffet, like same deal as "taste of nations" on the fantasy class? and they keep the same hours as buffet, or no?

yes...friggin, eh. as soon as the pool gets closed the weather starts a scorchin'.:rolleyes: not gettin the hot pools guys back until next season, kurb. i've already paid them too much, lol

Just remember the fish and chips are up stairs in the buffet.

I'm tellin ya....ya need to move on the left coast. I get to look at my hottie all year;)

Dominos eesh

But isnt their motto 20 minutes or its free!! good thing it didnt take that long on the cruise!

Domino's stopped doing that guarantee when one of there drivers ran a red light to try to get a pizza delivered on time and creamed another car.

Well, I was on the Liberty in April 07' , My wife , mom n dad also , we had a wonderful cruise and are going again, the food was good , buffets and pizza bar , as well as room service were great, you dont go into a cruise with over 3000 people expecting RuthCris quality , I do agree with you about the cruise director comment , way to mouthy .

Wow They Cruise one time in 1.5 years on Carnival, and have a horible time. I am shocked that they only could find this many things wrong. WOW.... This seems to sound like trollville. I am going to look at each specification and see the swiss cheese holes.

My husband and I just got off the Carnival Liberty , 6 day cruise that left on 09/23/07 and we have to say that this was the worst cruise of our life. We have taken several cruises with several different lines and have never met the problems that we met with this cruise line. We took the Carnival Miracle as our first cruise and it was wonderful but the cruise line has gone down in quality severely since that cruise 1 ½ years ago. There was so many problems with this cruise that I am including them in numerical order. This was a test to see if we would like to cruise with Carnival in the future and the answer is a huge NO. We absolutely had a horrible time and will never cruise with Carnival again as it stands right now. We have also never been on a cruise where upon leaving the ship so many other people were expressing the same problems that we had.

So... you went on Carnival 18 months ago, and in the time since they have taken an entire 180 and are crap. UN-Likely.

Here is the list:

1) When we first got on the ship we asked 3 different people where you would go to check on your dinner table reservation, ever one of them gave us a different answer and none of them were right. We asked the front desk finally and they were still wrong (on the times at least)

Look at the map and find the Dining room. The Matre D is usually there.

2) We had to wait in a horrible line because Carnival is the only cruise line that we have ever been on that does not let you pre assign the size table you would like.

Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity to name two only offer requests as well, just check when you board to assure the seating assignment.

3) The buffet lines were always extremely long because the ship would only open ¼ of the huge buffet area therefore long lines were constant.

With 8 different areas to eat onboard, including the onboard dining rooms and room service, as well as the different specialty locals, surely you could have found some food between breakfast and the midnight buffet.

4) Food both in the buffet and in the dining room were very poor. Food had very little taste and all the steaks were extremely tough and of poor quality, the fruit for the most part was not ripe and the soups were extremely thin.

Wasn't there but I doubt that all the food at every possible meal was poor in quality and poorly prepared.

5) Food was very hard to find on this ship, buffet was only open certain hours and all the grills on the deck only had certain hours. And the hours were very few.

See answer 3, and ROOM SERVICE.

6) We never encountered one staff member who knew the correct answer to anything. It was as if the ship was new to the staff members or they just did not bother to learn correct information about the ship they are living and working on. For an example, we had an over charge on our bill for the spa, we went to the front desk to correct the problem and we were told the spa was not open yet, that they would have to call them when they opened. My husband said, they opened at 8 AM and it is 9 AM now. The woman at the front desk said "oh, did they ?" then proceeded to call.

Perhaps instead you need to consider you did not have the correct question.

7) We had a extra internet charge on our bill when we used the internet café because when we got up to print what we needed the printer was out of paper and we had to disconnect because no one was in there to help us, then walk all the way down to the front desk where they said sorry you have to make a appointment with the internet manager to get that fixed, We have never had that problem in the past with an incorrect charge.

So you have me there. I am on vacation, so if I need to use the computer I realize it is expensive and hopefully I do not need to print. I guess this might just have ruined my vacation as well.

8) The restaurant never opened on time, always 2-6 minutes late. May not sound like much but it is when the lines are backed up for miles and you can not get out of the elevator because there is so many people.

Ever consider your watch was fast, and if 2 mins mean that much, I would choose a line with freestyle dining.

9) Cruise director made way to many lengthy announcements during the cruise, could never rest because they were so constant.

I hate those 2am swim time annoucements, and the 345 am feeding remarks. I suppose the speaker in your room had no volume control either.

10) Ship was very hard to get around, only 2 decks that went all the way through the ship in the common areas and they went right through heavily smoky areas and I am very allergic to smoke. Also, you could never go outside on deck 3 to enjoy the view because on this ship the smoke on both sides.

Main promenade Deck goes through, Lido deck goes through, Deck 7, well I could continue, but I am not even sure you were on the ship but just posting here to cause problems.

We have never been so disappointed in a ship. I am not usually one to complain but this so called vacation was a nightmare. You can definitely see where Carnival has cut corners on this ship and where there are several areas that need improvement within the staff that works on these boats.

The only strong points I can even say about this cruise was the spa was wonderful (although through no surprise we found out that it was not owned by carnival) and Harry's supper club was very good although higher in price then any cruise line we have ever been on.

Perhaps you should choose a different cruise line. I would suggest looking at something where you have more one and one treatment, like a house boat. THat way you never need to worry about lines, bad food (you do cook don't you?), and I am sure you probably will pack printer paper and can find your way from the front to the back. Make sure to pack a good clock and make sure you do not open the dinning room late.

getting back to the topic...as a chef, I am wondering what the OP thinks makes up a good buffet? Not being sarcastic...just curious.
Good morning Chef, I have a question and some statements.

I gained a ribbon in Pattiserie in Paris about 30yrs ago.

I stated that my wife( the ex maitre D) and I found the food on the Triumph terrible.

What do you call the piece of stale white fish, with what appeared to be spinach topped with a cheese slice, melting in the steam produced by the baine.

What would I do to improve the buffet, I would break up the station into specific food areas, so instead of creating long lines, for one or two troughs, you would have a swift throughput with customers making their choice at the entrance map, get them in get them out.

That would also allow people to select one or two types of food on a plate rather than building mountains of several products, they could move freely to other stations, a lot more civilised.

This would also control "food" quantity and quality and reduce waste.

The actual product I would not change it, what for, enough people seem to like it judging by the comments on this board.

The Grill, I tried it, I asked for a rare Burger, the man said ok I will put it on the grill you tell me when to stop, I did, I cut it in half it was grey, the texture told me that the burger was rare the color told me that it was stale cheap meat, the liquid that came from it had a high proportion of trans fats.

Pizza as with the bread on the ship, the base had the texture of a damp sponge, the tomato sauce had no flavour, a Margarita has to have olives and anchovies plus basil, to raise the bland taste or lack of it from the cheese.

To keep a Pizza warm, is an insult to this simple "poor mans food" I realise to serve to order in these numbers would be difficult, so why bother? the reasons is taste or lack of it?

Chinese Food, I come from Liverpool with the oldest China Town in Europe,so we are as comfortable with chop sticks and a rice bowl as we are with a knife and fork.

To put a style on what I tried I would say it was based on the Cantonese style, the rice was OK the rest was terrible.

The best scrambled eggs I had on the ship was the Creme Brulee, they did not seem to understand that if you use to large a dish the egg mixture would be thin, so when you toast the sugar under the grill it will re cook and split or scramble the eggs.

I refered to the bread, to a European it is a vital part of any meal, it is one of the easy things to mass produce well, when you eat it, it should not taste sweet, it should not stick to the roof of your mouth, it should have texture, and the difference between white and brown should not be dye.

Should Carnival change, no they understand what the majority of their customers want, a beer of the correct type served so cold you cannot taste anything.

regards

I was in no way being "picky", I was just giving my opinion on the cruise ship. I forgot that in this "community" there are quiet a few bullies who think Carnival is the best ship line in the world, because they only do Carnival.

I thought I could make a opinion known because it was in fact a poor ship IM MY EYES, and apparently there are too many sarcastic people on this board reading this to understand it.

For the people that actually understood what I was trying to say, I appreciate that. I was just stating my thoughts.

Jenny you carry on, do you realise without posts like yours, this board would die, and then there would be social issues, what would these sad people do that attacked you, on a friday night, they would have no reason to order pizza that should arrive within 45mins like a piece of cardboard, drink beer, and pontificate about who has the team in world series sports that only includes American teamson there own, they would have to spend more time in a tavern like Mo s on the Simpson. or maybe **** their page with stupid logos or pictures and pink glitter.

You should also take into account that this board is owned by a Travel agent Expedia, and a lot of the people who post here hide the fact that they are TA s or shareholders.

Keep Posting Kind Regards

Archived