The Appian Way by Archaeobus ?

Yes, I did it in May, 06 & it was great! They use smaller buses than regular SS buses so get there early. Once they fill up they will not take any more passengers. The route is good & I recommend you go to most of the stops. You should be able to get a combination ticket for the Hop On Hop off & Archeobus. I'm not sure if they run this bus in the winter but I know it runs in the summer months.

Regards,

Cory Lynn

We are going in Feb and have looked at several guidebooks about how to see the Appian Way. Rick Steves gives detailed information.

Several weeks ago our Sunday paper had a nice article...I don't know if you can access it, but the paper is http://www.readingeagle.com The date was Sunday Aug 26 section G Titile: Walk through History The Appian Way.

Web info was http://www.parcoappiaantica.org

Yes, I did it in May, 06 & it was great! They use smaller buses than regular SS buses so get there early. Once they fill up they will not take any more passengers. The route is good & I recommend you go to most of the stops. You should be able to get a combination ticket for the Hop On Hop off & Archeobus. I'm not sure if they run this bus in the winter but I know it runs in the summer months.

Regards,

Cory Lynn

Lynn,

Where do I get the Archeobus? I'm on a day trip from the ship. Will I have enough time to do this? Thanks, Chris NJ

Archived