Opinions on Excursion

gagirl2006

Has anyone done this excursion or have experience with the company? I'm a little nervous about not using Carnival on something like this because it is a long tour.

http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/Lamanai_Belize.htm

Here is the one we're considering with Carnival: http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=BZE&excursionname=Altun+Ha+Mayan+Site+%26+River+Wallace&excursioncode=509002

Thanks for your help!

I don't have experience with that tour company, but I did go to Lamanai last week through an RCI excursion & it was awesome! I highly recommend it! I agree that I'd be nervous about a long tour with an independent company. Our tour got back to Belize at 4:10. The last tender was supposed to be at 4:30, but because of the long line to go back to the ship, they had to add an extra tender around 4:45. I felt fortunate that we got on the 2nd to last tender.

gagirl2006,

We took this excursion last Thursday, 9/27, and it was terrific. They were very conscious of the time, and we had to skip the gift shops at Lamanai because they wanted to be certain that we were back to the ship in time. Our driver, David, and river and Lamanai guide, Erroll, were great. They were both very knowledgeable and they made the tour interesting and fun. David took us through Belize City and pointed out buildings of interest and gave us a little history of the nation. It was about an hour drive to the place where we entered the river. The river ride was much faster than we had expected, but very beautiful. Lamanai was beautiful. They have excavated only a few of the buildings on the site, so it is still basically jungle and that is the way they want to keep it. The howler monkeys were amazing. I wouldn't want to be in the jungle, listening to them and not knowing what they were. They were LOUD! The pictures on their website are true to each place. We have many of the same views in our pictures. There were only 6 of us on the tour, so it was very personal and there wasn't a question that went unanswered. It was a favorite day of a great Carnival Legend cruise.

The rest room facilities at Lamanai were good, I've heard they are not so good at Altun Ha.

Archived