Day Tour Acapulco To Taxco

dottie and angel

I don't know the details of the Taxco excursion/day-trip you're referencing, but I do know it'll be a long day. The bus ride (or van ride) from ACA to Taxco takes approx. 3 hours, in each direction. You'll be spending 6 hours driving. Taxco's a very interesting town in a picturesque setting - very "Colonial" and "storybook" in appearance/feel. As you already know, Taxco is one of the principal centers of the silver trade in Mexico - and most visitors shop while there. All-in-all, I'll be surprised if the day-trip is less than 10-hours in length.

About Acapulco, and things to see/do: everyone (obviously) has different likes. Since ACA's on a bay/water . . . many people enjoy beach or water-based activities. But, since you'll have been onboard a ship for the trip you'll have had your fill of "water" things to see/do. There's an interesting fort/museum across the street from the cruise ship terminal, and a nice and anthropologic mask museum almost next-door to that; there's the historic center of the city where you can stroll, shop and eat; there's the Diego Rivera mural-wall; the botanic garden to explore; Palma Sola Archaeological Zone with the thousands-year old stone carvings perched on the mountainside above the city; the well-known cliffdivers; some spa's; golf and tennis; scuba diving or snorkeling; charter fishing; etc., etc. And some people like to stay put - sitting under a palm roof along the beach - sipping "cold ones" and snacking . . . and reading a good book.

There's lots to see/do in ACA . . . some of which is chronicled in online photo albums of mine you can view by clicking on the link in my signature line, below.

Enjoy the adventure!

36 hours? Wow, lots of time. Now, if the excursion to Taxco is offered as an "overnight" trip . . . you might really enjoy it. One of the magical things about Taxco is being there at night. The small town/city is built into the mountainsides and when the lights come on at night and the tour groups (or independent tourists) leave for wherever they've come from . . . it's something special.

I've been over on Trip Advisor:D

Our cruise ship NCL STAR gets in Acapulco at 11:30am on a Wednesday, doesn't leave till 12:30am on Thursday morning. Which means we HAVE to be on the boat by 11:30pm Wednesday.

What I really would like to do is get off the ship Wednesday noon. Buy a bus ticket to Taxco. GO Hopefully be in Taxco by 5:00/6:00pm. Have a room arranged in advance. Spend the night, explore the next day. Take the afternoon bus back to Acapulco.

Is this too ambitious of an excursion. We have never been to Mexico. But we dont DRINK and are not sun worshipers.

Is there someplace closer that would give us a feel for old Mexico with interesting architecture?

We could go on a guided day tour,private or public.

Thats not how we ususally do tours though. We have always been DIY.

Your expert help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Ruth:)

Archived