Norwegian Pearl 9 day snorkeling..

mj cruiser

Hey everyone! This will be our first cruise on NCL very excited to try it!

Has anyone done the 9 day southern that can recommend which islands are best for snorkeling and if so which tour guide they used??

Miami

Samana

Tortola

Antiqua

Barbados

St. Lucia

Here is the itinerary.....or any recommendations on any

other fun stuff to do I have checked out the

ports of call but would love to have feedback! thanks

I'm doing this same itinerary on the Jewel. I have not been to any of these islands yet, but the research I've done seems to point to Tortola, Antigua, and Barbados as having the best snorkeling options. I'd like to hear from some people who have been there too though.

Cane Garden Bay in Tortola is their main beach (if you don't go to Virgin Gorda) but no snorkelling there. We took an excursion to Norman Island and had a great time snorkelling over there (plus time left for the beach).

On Antigua we snorkelled last time at Long Bay. It's quite a ride but we got a whole van of people together.

Haven't done this myself, but many rave about snorkelling with the green turtles in Barbados.

Never been to Samana but I've read about an NCL snorkelling excursion that got good reviews, so you might want to check it out. Many recommend you don't wander off on your own there anyway.

Miami, check out the alligators instead on an airboat ride.

• 3 weeks later...

We've been on NCL Pearl & Jewel. They are very nice ships. We really liked Barbados for snorkeling with the sea turtles. It was a great experience. I highly recommend Silver Moon Catamaran trip in Barbados. There were only 14 passengers aboard, they made us drinks, fed us lunch, made more frozen drinks, took us snorkeling with the turtles, etc. It was a great day!!

Archived