Grand Caymans Captain Marvins

CanadianEh!

after getting to the dock in the grand caymans is the walk to Captain marvins at waterfront center long?

Now i know if you get the new pier you can throw a rock and hit it but what about the other two piers?

It's real close, like Drew said. It's toward the 7MB area...and a very short and scenic walk. :)

We always use CM's when we are in GC.

It's real close, like Drew said. It's toward the 7MB area...and a very short and scenic walk. :)

We always use CM's when we are in GC.

have you ever done a tour that check in was 8 did you have an issues getting from the ship to there?

have you ever done a tour that check in was 8 did you have an issues getting from the ship to there?

We only have been on one cruise to GC, and that time I emailed Ruth or maybe Joan and asked what would work. We were doing an island tour first...and it seems like we were off the ship by 8:00 or so. We were also there during the winter and ship time and island time were the same. But if you have any concerns at all, one of those gals will have the answer for you. They won't book you if they don't think you can get to their business on time.

They are really wonderful to work with. One time we were in the office scheduling an excursion and they found out that the ships were all leaving early (a storm was coming), so they were moving some of the tourists to an earlier excursion since they were going to be leaving the island much earlier than they thought. We've never had more than 20 or so people on our excursion. We also have a DVD that was shot on one of them. CM's gave me the name of the outfit and I emailed them to make sure they'd be on our excursion. It seems like it was $70 or so, but it was really worth the money.

We now only visit GC for land vacations, so we do their tours on the days that there are no ships in port. One time when we were there, we were the only boat at stingray sandbar...it was really fun.

Navigator docks at 7:00am so we should make it by then??? There are 6 ships in port that day!!UGH! I thought an independent tour guide would be less hectic than the RCL excursion.

I have read so many good things about Capt Marvins.

We booked the 1/2 day excursion...

Any tips or advice?? This is our first trip to GC.

Michelle

I loved our Capt. Marvin's excursion. We did the snorkel and sting ray city half day....it was great. The walk is an easy one (I've had very major spinal surgery so when I say it's an easy walk it truly is)...once you go through the portal cross the street, make a left and walk for about 3 minutes. Capt. Marvin's is in a small storefront type of place. They truly are wonderful to work with. Our snorkel master/boat captain was a lovely gentleman who looks like a much younger Morgan Freeman.

Navigator docks at 7:00am so we should make it by then??? There are 6 ships in port that day!!UGH! I thought an independent tour guide would be less hectic than the RCL excursion.

I have read so many good things about Capt Marvins.

We booked the 1/2 day excursion...

Any tips or advice?? This is our first trip to GC.

Michelle

If you have any concerns about being able to make it to CM's on time, Joan or Ruth will help you with those issues. Depending on how long you'll be in port, you could have them drop you somewhere along 7MB for a little beach time or at restaurant for a late lunch.

To get to their dock, you will turn next to the Marriott Courtyard which is right across the street from Sea Grape beach (which is on 7MB). The first time we used CM's, we were on a ship and after our snorkel, the driver dropped us at Rackham's and we had a late lunch and then walked back to the ship.

You're in good hands with CM's! Grand Cayman is a place that I'd book all my own excursions.

Archived