Freedom arrival 10:00 -Chankanaab by 11:00?

colover

Anyone know if it's cutting it too close to arrive on Freedom in Cozumel at 10:00 am and plan to make it to Chankanaab for an 11:00 dolphin swim? Do we tender or dock? We're a family of five so is it harder to find a cab to accommodate 5 passengers? Should I try to push the scheduled dolphin swim back if possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I think it would be cutting it too close. You do dock, so you should be able to get off the ship fairly quickly, and getting a cab for a family of five in Cozumel is not a problem, because they have mini van taxis readily available at the taxi stands. But, you have a long walk down the pier,then you have to get in the line to grab a taxi, then it's approx 20 minute drive to the beach,wait in line to pay your park entrance fee, then wait in line to check- in for the Dolphin swim.I would ask if you have to just be at check-in a 11:00 or is the actual swim at 11:00? If possible, I would push the time back so you aren't starting out your day stressed. We did the dolphin encounter( kids were too young for the swim) and absolutely loved it. I hope you have a great time!

Unfortunately I have a terrible memory, but I believe it was under $20.00 (each way) for the 5 of us. The taxi stands are right across the street from the piers, you can not miss them. Taking a taxi in Mexico is extremely simple both at the pier and when you want to return from the beach.

If your swim is at 11:00 Cozumel time and you arrive at port at 10:00 ship time, you should have no problem. The taxis are waiting, and its only a 5 minute ride to the park. ( Just made the trip last week. AWESOME TIME!) The taxi rates to the park are per taxi, not passenger. I know for 1-4 people was $10.00 one way, cant remember what it was for 5. We had no line to get into the park, and actually did our swim an hour early. ( And that was with 5 ships in port that day) When ever you get ready to leave, just exit the gate and they will have a taxi pull right up for you.

The park is beautiful, and you can spend the entire day there and never run out of things to do. ENJOY!

Archived