Black Sea Medley- Prinsendam-Istanbul query

kura

We will be doing this next year. Can someone who has alreday done this Itinerary please tell me exavtly how long we are in Istanbul!

It shows as staying overnight, sailing at 1am. BUT.....

Does this mean we arrive on Wed 24th Sept and sail after midnight that day, ie 1am on Thurs 25th, therefore technically the 25th is an "át sea" day OR does it mean we get another full day there and sail at 1am on Friday 26th meaning that we arrive the next morning in Trabzon at 8am. I think the latter is what will happen but it is not very clear...I think it is a long way from Istanbul to Trabzon in just 7 hours!

How can I find out ...phoning is not an option as we are in Australia

0 Civitavecchia (Rome) 5:00 pm 1 At Sea 2 Dubrovnik, Croatia 8:00 am 5:00 pm 3 Sarande, Albania 8:00 am 6:00 pm 4 Argostoli, Cephalonia, Greece 8:00 am 2:00 pm 5 At Sea 6 Istanbul, Turkey 1 8:00 am 7 Istanbul, Turkey 1:00 am 8 Trabzon, Turkey 8:00 am 5:00 pm 9 Sochi, Russia 8:00 am 3:00 pm 10 Sevastopol, Ukraine 8:00 am 5:00 pm 11 Nessebur, Bulgaria 10:00 am 6:00 pm 12 At Sea 13 Kusadasi (Ephesus) Turkey 7:00 am 5:00 pm 14 Piraeus, Greece 7:00 am

We are booked for this cruise next year. Can someone who has already done this Itinerary please help me?

The HAL website shows we are Overnight in Istanbul. HOWEVER does this mean:

1. We arrive on Wed 24th Sept and sail after midnight that day at 1am, so really we only have 1 full day in Istanbul. Tnen technically the next day should really show as an "ät sea" day. I think this is what will happen even if it is not what it shows...the Itinerary shows 2 days in Istanbul

OR

2. We have 2 full days there sailing at 1am on Friday 26th. This would mean we only have 7 hours to get to Trabzon.

If no one knows do you know how I can find out. We can't ring as it is an International call.

We are booked for this cruise next year. Can someone who has already done this Itinerary please help me?

1. We arrive on Wed 24th Sept and sail after midnight that day at 1am, so really we only have 1 full day in Istanbul. Tnen technically the next day should really show as an "ät sea" day. I think this is what will happen even if it is not what it shows...the Itinerary shows 2 days in Istanbul

OR

2. We have 2 full days there sailing at 1am on Friday 26th. This would mean we only have 7 hours to get to Trabzon.

If no one knows do you know how I can find out. We can't ring as it is an International call.

I can not help you with HAL's itinerary, we used Oceania Cruise lines for the trip. But if you like drop me a note and I will forward the guides we used...whyme71842@aol.com

OR

I can not help you with HAL's itinerary, we used Oceania Cruise lines for the trip. But if you like drop me a note and I will forward the guides we used...whyme71842@aol.com

It's about 520 nautical miles from Istanbul to Trabzon, and the ship would have to travel at 74 knots to make it in 7 hours!! Therefore, you must leave at 1:00a on the 25th and spend 31 hours sailing at a speed of 17 knots to Trabzon. So I agree with you that the 25th should be called "at sea", not "in Istanbul".

It means that the ship doesn't sail until 1AM on the 25th so that you have an extra long day in Istanbul. The rest of the 25th is a sea day and you arrive in Trabzon on the 26th. We have a similar Istanbul schedule on the Prinsendam's next sailing (Oct 2.)

Thanks so much...that is what I thought. We will also be on the first part of your Spirit of Discovery...It is also called Ancient Mysteries, departing Athens on 2nd Oct. We are just doing it the other way round

Archived