Houston's New Bayport Terminal

Here is a link to today's Houston Chronicle story by Travel Writer Harry Shattuck on the Bayport Terminal. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/travel/shattuck/5185867.html

The terminal will be finished in February. Something I haven't read before in the article - the terminal is interested in being a port stop for other cruises.

Been a few years since I set foot in Galveston. That port setup is hardly unknown in other places though. Miami and Ft Lauderdale are both doing a lot of cruise business.

Has the old Flagship Hotel been dynamited yet or has someone saved it? It was a run down mess the last time I was in town. Rather sad really.

Our first crise was from there. It is more convienient for people flying into Houston to go to the Houston port, than to Galveston. Though, Galveston has alot more aminities if you fly in early. I hope NCL comes back! More choices=better prices! We sailed the Dream from there before she left. Next to RCCL, NCL is my next favorite, although DH does not like freestyle!

Archived