Help me plan day in GC

coley123

My husband and I are going on our first cruise and I'm feeling overwhelmed by the planning. We spend a day in GC. I'm not sure we would enjoy a tour, we're more do our own thing type of people. We would like to shorkel, shop a little. I've read about seven mile beach, should we take a cab there? Any suggestions on how to spend the day would be helpful. thanks!

Take your time in the morning; grab a cab and head to 7Mile Beach; rent a couple of lounge chairs and enjoy the beautiful sand and water. I have some pictures of 7 Mile beach in my photo album below. Definitely one of our favourite beaches and we look forward to another great day there in January.

:)

Take your time in the morning; grab a cab and head to 7Mile Beach; rent a couple of lounge chairs and enjoy the beautiful sand and water. I have some pictures of 7 Mile beach in my photo album below. Definitely one of our favourite beaches and we look forward to another great day there in January.

:)

Nice photos, thanks. Is the beach as crowded as it appears?

I really enjoyed looking at your pic's! Some of the best I have seen. Everytime I see Costa maya it makes me want to cry. You have some real nice shots from there and Belize also. I have never been to either of the 2 places and hope to some day. Thanks for sharing.

Spearmint, it looks crowded because the chairs are contained in the area owned by that operator but there is tons of empty beach area. We always ask the taxi driver to take us to the Hyatt Hotel and we enter the beach thru their resort. The Hyatt has day passes but it's pricey so we walk (left) along the beach and get our chairs/umbrella from the second operator past the Hyatt. The first operator has those hard plastic loungers and we prefer the web style loungers.

Koolbeans, thanks. We were lucky enough to get to Costa Maya twice last winter and just loved it; we felt so bad for the people when we heard about hurricane dean. Belize is very different and people either love it or hate it. My DH went on an RCI horse riding excursion (which he enjoyed) and I left the very gated port area and hired a female taxi driver to walk about the town with me; had a wonderful time with this very pleasant lady who showed me her town with pride.

Kathy

Since this is your first trip you may want to take a catameran tour to Stingray City. we booked with Captain Bryan and loved it. Stingray City is a great experience, then they take you to two snorkeling spots. Our tour had about 20 people on it and was less than half the price of the cruise ship price. It's well worth doing your homework and booking on your own.

Archived