Holiday, 9/29 out of Mobile

cruisinlawn

DW and I drove down from ATL morning of embarkation, we were there in 4 hrs. Nice drive, very easy to access. Waited 55 minutes to cross RR Xing right at the terminal, no biggy, just dosed while waiting. Parked in the deck for $60, although it went to $75 eff 10/1 for 5 day.

Embarkation was a snap, all the folks were very nice. We were on the ship as fast as we could walk.

Cabin was R60, no problems with A/C, in fact had to turn it down at times and I like to maintain around 68-69 degrees. Had a slight rattle with the closet but I fixed it the first night. Pulled door off, went up to Lido and threw overboard:D ....just kidding but I did fix it.

Brown water....while in port cold cleared, hot evident. While at sea cold clear, hot slightly brown. Didn't bother us, it tasted like all other tap water to me (as well as some bottled) and it didn't stain our white towels.

Sewer smell....veeeery minimal in cabin and not consistent, never anywhere else on ship. Kept toliet cover closed, wet cloth over sink and bath drain. No problems. Had more problems with the guy in the show lounge:eek:

Lido buffet...was good to very good, no lines. It was a bit warm and didn't seem to cool during the day, but we did find a cool spot each day between drink fountains. It was not unbearable, just simply the design of the door ways allowing outside air to enter, constant opening and closing from the pool areas and doors direct across from each other allowing air flow.

Dining room...Four Winds @8:30 each evening except formal, went to Lido in shorts:D ...just kidding. Food was very good to excellent. Two starters and two entrees most every night, don't know bout desserts cause I dont' care for them but DW states they were all very good. I do know they serve up a mean dish of sherberts.

Shows...we enjoyed them though we had seen the two main shows before on other ships.

Progreso...Uxmal through ship excur. It was worth it, not really our thing but we can now say we have seen ruins. Others in our group of 8 seemed really impressed, 3 of which had seen numerous ruin sites.

Cozumel...Paradise Beach on our own, pretty much speaks for it self. I did post a positive note on the Coz forum under the long running Paradise Beach thread.

Debarkation...no problems. We were in no hurry so we slept in til 7:30, showered, breakfast and off with the last group at 9:35.

Overall...would we do it again? Sure would, just know what to expect of the ship if you have sailed on newer ones. It doesn't have the glitz/glamour of the newer megaliners, lacks the soaring atriums or promenades, but it is nice, small in comparison, intimate ship. Prolly the nicest crew we have had in 9 sailings on CCL, RCCL, & Princ. All crew were very attentive. Excellent for a quick getaway out of Atlanta.

:) Cruisinlawn, 306 miles in 4 hours? Did your wife keep her eyes closed as you drove? We're driving down from Peachtree City and figured it would be 5.5 hours. Am I wrong with 5.5 hours? :confused: :confused: :confused:

:) Cruisinlawn, 306 miles in 4 hours? Did your wife keep her eyes closed as you drove?

We're driving down from Peachtree City and figured it would be 5.5 hours. Am I wrong with 5.5 hours? :confused: :confused: :confused:

nope, i did though. she was driving:eek: . Departed Fayette at 7:55a and pulled up at cruise terminal 12:15p est (11:15a cst).

we drove straight through, once on interstate we did not pull off until we reached Mobile. ONce out of the construction zone, below Grantville I think, cruise set at 80. It was a nice ride/road. Of course we slowed through Montgomery and couple of other construct zones. Others were blowing by us like we were crawling. We traveled on a Saturday morning. Enjoy.

:eek: Cops must have had the weekend off. :D :D :D

ya know, we did not see the first one until we departed Gulf Shores yesterday and he was the only one we saw. Spent few days there post cruise.

I think you'll do it easy under 5hrs drive time. I was anticipating 5 hrs as well gaining an hour with time change. We were very pleased and comfortable running 10mph over set limit.

Archived