Platinum discount on Balcony or higher

house7

I am wondering how the discount works. If someone reaches platinum after a cruise and is booked on future cruises do they call to get the discount on their future bookings? Are there any other discounts or benefits that you can call and ask for? I am wondering if it is worth it to squeeze in another cruise before our vow renewal cruise next september and move up to platinum?

Yes, if you reach platinum and have cruises already booked, all you do is call up whomever you booked with and ask them to call RCCL and have your platinum balcony discount applied. If you are booking with a TA (either online or local) make sure when you book that they will give you the discount though - a good TA will but there are a few bad ones out there. If you book directly with RCCL, just call up the C&A number and they'll apply your discount.

The balcony discount for plat is $100 per stateroom...

That depends on the length of your cruise. ;)

Here is all of them.

Platinum Balcony discount is,

$50 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$100 for 6-8 nights (not days)

$200 for 9 nights or above (not days)

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discount is,

$100 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$200 for 6-8 nights (not days)

$300 for 9 nights or above (not days)

That is per cabin, not per person. ;)

You gotta luv their past guest program ;)

I know I do. :D Especially when I find the $225.00 coupon to go with the Diamond balcony discount and I am doing an 11 night cruise. $525.00 off of the price right away. ;)

I know I do. :D Especially when I find the $225.00 coupon to go with the Diamond balcony discount and I am doing an 11 night cruise. $525.00 off of the price right away. ;)

Not to be one up on you but here is the best of all worlds, Feb 11, 2008 Empress 11 day, Diamond disount $300, Saving Certificate $225, then a about a month ago a price drop $250 per person. Add in the OBC from bookings and stock holder. If it keeps going they may have to send me a check. The nice plus was we invited several friends (1st time on RCI) and they got the $250 pp drop which pays for the airfare to SJ from Tampa.

It's a thing of beauty.:D

Not to be one up on you but here is the best of all worlds, Feb 11, 2008 Empress 11 day, Diamond discount $300, Saving Certificate $225, then a about a month ago a price drop $250 per person. Add in the OBC from bookings and stock holder. If it keeps going they may have to send me a check. The nice plus was we invited several friends (1st time on RCI) and they got the $250 pp drop which pays for the airfare to SJ from Tampa.

It's a thing of beauty.:D

My JS on the Empress was such a good price when I booked it, then they sold out so fast that it really became impossible for a price drop. :o I will take the $525.00 and be thankful for that.

But, would I like to be in your shoes? Oh yes! ;)

I am waiting to book my next cruise on board the Empress next month. Then, I will also have all of the possible discounts I can get. If a coupon comes out, along with my Diamond balcony discount and the OBC, I will do pretty good. :D

Archived