Sunset or Doctor' Cave?

KayTeeEss

First timer here... and I am trying to decide whether to go to Sunset or Doctor's Cave beach. There are only three of us and one of us is 8. On one hand, I don't want her exposed to over the top wild and rowdy. On the other hand, I don't want to be bored with no wild and rowdies to watch. I guess if no one is doing "the beast with two backs", I am okay with it. Opinions? (as if they were in short supply here).

We went to Sunset Beach Resort in Mo Bay and it was our all time favorite port day of the 8 cruises we've been on. I wish we could go back there, but no cruises out of NOLA go to Jamaica right now. It was a truly fabulous day for us and our kids. As relaxing as a day can be, but still fun with lots to do - 3 beach areas, the water park, and lots of other activities. It wasn't crowded, and the drinks were weak, but delicious. Fresh banana daquiris.....yummmmmm.......

We traveled with a group of 30 last year and were scared of what to expect in Mo Bay. We did research and ended up at Sunset. WE Loved it... All of us ranging from 78 yrs to 7 yrs. The place is beautiful and very well kept. It wasn't the pary atmosphere of the party boat, but very relaxing. You have a big pavallion by the bar that the non water people sat and indulged, looking over the beach. They had one pool with a swim up bar that my son & niece started a swim meet over. (Order a drink, drink it, swim to the other side and then order another LOL) and then they had the water park with the water slide and the lazy river. The only complaint that we had was that at that time they didn't have enough innter tubes for the lazy river. But we worked around that. The beach area was very nice. The buffet was good too. Like I said we all agree that was one of the best port days we had. Oh and I almost forgot. I don't know if it will still be like this or not, but under the trees on the beach they had a massage table set up. $1 a minute for a massage. I loved it.

Archived