Playa Uva's or Nachi Cocom?

travel_mom_1

I want a relaxing beach day with lunch and drinks. Some place quiet and away from the crowds. Comfortable chairs. Friendly staff. Nice beach. Beautiful view of the ocean. Ahh!!!

It is just my husband and I. I have researched our options and have narrowed it down to Playa Uva's or Nachi Cocom, but I can't decide which one. We leave in 4 days. Which would you choose and why? :confused:

I chose Nachi basically because they limit the number of people they allow in. We too wanted somewhere not crowded, very quiet and relaxing. That is exactly what we got. The service was excellant and so was the food. That was probably the best part of our trip as it was so relaxing. We will definitely go back.

The sand is as soft as can be. No water shoes needed. We did get in the water and it was wonderfully warm. So clear you could see the bottom forever (We got further out on the jet ski). The actual beach area has a little drop off that you step down before you hit the water. We got quite a ways out and there was not a big drop off in the water that I noticed. Have fun!

I've booked Nachi for my Wife and I for our Conquest Cruise on 12/2.

Please let me know what you think of it.

I've heard a lot of great things about and I'm reeeaaaalllly looking forward to it!

I hope you have great trip!

If you do a search for this forum you'll find a fair amount of posts/reviews of Nachi. They'll give you a good idea. You may want to book it ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised here is a review of our day at Nachi Cocom on 10-16-07. We made reservations through Island Marketing about a week ahead of time and paid $12 each as a deposit. Our ship the Norwegian Pearl was in port from 7am to 4pm. We were one of three ships in Cozumel that day. Our ship switched to local time which gave us an extra hour of sleep.

1674476374_576bf3e6fa.jpg

We got off the ship and grabbed a taxi and were at Nachi Cocom around 9:15am. The cab driver did ask us if we had a reservation and made the comment when we arrived that we were early. Taxi ride was $15. My reservation from Island Marketing stated the hours are 9am-5pm. When we walked in they seemed surprised to see us that early, but someone asked if we had reservations and we were taken to chairs, given wrist bands and they collected the remainder of money due them. We were told the bar would open later.

My first impression was just so-so. It had rained a little on the way out. Things were wet. Blue pads were already on chairs and they tipped them to let the water run off. They blue pads were a bit dirty as they leave them outside all the time. The beach was smaller than I had envisioned. It was long, but not very deep. The water didn't appear to be all that clear. I was afraid that maybe I had may a bad choice for the day.

1673400701_2bfad5d533.jpg

Well, first impressions aren't always right. It turned out we had a great day. I would go back anytime. The sun came out and we settled in our chairs and read for a while. Before we knew it the bar was open and we had our first drinks. We had a great waiter. The drinks were good. We had margaritas, pina coladas, rum and coke, coke, water. Slowly, others joined us at the beach, but I think there were only 8-10 other people there that day.

1674251186_a68fd286f6.jpg

1673419501_8cd5c93f07.jpg

1673428703_5f0d0d1b24.jpg

After lounging for a bit, I decided to walk a bit and check out more of the area. Walked for a while and ended up at the pool. Loved the pool. The temperature was perfect. We met some others from our ship and talked for a while.

1674342058_aad2a37d99.jpg

The darker area to the left is a sunbathing area. The water was only 3-4 inches deep.

1673488915_7433e5d75f.jpg

View of the pool from the restaurant/bar area.

1674362524_a5ee0f73f8.jpg

Here is the hot tub area. We did not use it or see anyone use it all day. I did check the temperature with my hand. It was a little warmer than the pool, but certainly not hot.

1674318000_6d2719002c.jpg

View of the water from the pool.

1674351122_98a7ef6a81.jpg

I did see a large iguana sunning himself by the pool.

While in the pool I asked about getting a massage and they said they didn't have anyone booked so I could get one whenever I wanted. They were running a special 30 minutes for $29 or 60 minutes for $55. I decided there was no better time than the present for a massage and went for the 60 minutes. I went over to the massage area dripping wet and sandy, but that didn't seem to be a problem. It was wonderful. There was a great breeze.

1674333912_d0edb2c67d.jpg

I was a bit drowsy and ver relaxed after the massage, but Scot was ready to eat so there was no time to nap. We headed to the restaurant for lunch. I had the guacamole and enchiladas with green sauce. Delicious! Scot enjoyed his nachos and mixed fajitas.

We headed back to the chairs for a little more reading.

1674320376_af082f3b8d.jpg

In retrospect, we were in front of the pool area and very close to everything, but I think if I go back I would rather be further down the beach in a more open area like this. The beach wouldn't have felt so small there. It is very spacious.

1674325944_a5be274d76.jpg

Then we headed back to the pool for more fun. I have never been to a beach club with a pool and I loved it. We never did go in the ocean while there. It seemed to have a pretty quick drop off. I saw another couple a few feet in the wate and it was already up to their chests. The pool was lovely and that was good enough for me. We spent the next day in Grand Cayman in the ocean with the stingrays and snorkeling.

Before I knew it it was time to pack up and head back to the ship. Our waiter called a taxi and it was there in just a few minutes. Another $15 and we were back at the pier.

Would you recommend Nachi Cocom for little kids? I am looking for a place to take my boys and trying to decide between Paradise Beach and Nachi Cocom. The will be 1yr and 4yr at the time of the cruise. Are the shallow areas rocky?

Your pictures look great and I like the fact that there is a pool.

Emsip,

Good question. They are pretty young. I would like Nachi over Paradise as far as being able to keep a good eye on them. You don't have to worry about them getting lost in a crowd.

The pool is a big plus. There is the shallow sunbathing area that would be great for a one year old with supervision. There are also benches in the pool along several places.

We did not get it in the water at the beach. I did see one couple in there and it seemed to get deep quickly. Hopefully, others who have been in the water can jump in and help out. That would be my only concern if they want to jump in the water or play at the water's edge that there be a shallow enough area for that. I can't really answer that question. Hopefully, someone can offer some help.

Didn't notice anyone snorkeling from the beach. They do offer a boat trip from Nachi Cocom to go snorkeling for $35pp, I think. You do not have to book this ahead. Someone will stop by while you are there and let you know of activites available.

Playa Uva's offers snorkeling tours from the beach or you could take your own equipment and go it on your own.

Emsip,

Good question. They are pretty young. I would like Nachi over Paradise as far as being able to keep a good eye on them. You don't have to worry about them getting lost in a crowd.

The pool is a big plus. There is the shallow sunbathing area that would be great for a one year old with supervision. There are also benches in the pool along several places.

We did not get it in the water at the beach. I did see one couple in there and it seemed to get deep quickly. Hopefully, others who have been in the water can jump in and help out. That would be my only concern if they want to jump in the water or play at the water's edge that there be a shallow enough area for that. I can't really answer that question. Hopefully, someone can offer some help.

Thanks for answering this question! I am traveling with a three year old and a just-about-to-turn one year old. I had decided on Paradise Beach, but after reading this I changed my mind. Already reserved our spot!

I'm booked too! We were all set for Playa Mia but then I read about Nachi here and those pictures sealed the deal!

Last year we did the cooking excursion at Playa Mia so we wanted something totally different. We'll be with some friends this time and she's a definitely "beachy" person and I'm an all inclusive sort of gal.

We'r'e both going to love this!!

Archived