All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

Hi, we just got back today! Yes, they do have Splenda--I didnt see any hot chocolate. We have always sailed Rhapsody/Splendour before. We didnt see too much "Texanizing" of the ship this first sailing. It seemed like everyone around us was from Boston or New York. :) They did show the Alamo Bowl last night though. Our group's brief thoughts on the ship were that it was "nice", but we miss the Rhapsody! It seemed like the little extra above and beyonds were missing.

Our waiter was telling us that they were very excited to be in Galveston--he said they had some difficulties with the European itinerary, but he wouldn't elaborate!

Do you know if any NFL games were shown? Thanks!

Very very excited!! A large number of the crew did one or more contracts on Splendour or Rhapsody while they were in Galveston. They are really happy to be back on a "Galveston" ship.

Names, give us names! I can always seem to find lists here on CC for Cruise Directors & Captains, but honestly, we have very little interaction with them during our week. It is the rest of the CD staff that we seem to spend a lot of time with and feel like we are getting to know them a little.

Thanks for the webcam info. :D I had noticed that the "live" picture wasn't changing. Maybe because the ship was in port? :confused:

DH and I just watched her set sail, turn around, and then we switched to the Seawolf Park webcam. How very exciting---almost like being onboard as we will be on Jan. 13th.

Cruzin Lady

We saw her pull out, turn around and then glide past as well. Very exciting! Three weeks until we'll be there in person!

I didn't know she turned! LOL

I watched her pull out from the dock and go forward but then I walked away from my computer. I come back to see her cruising towards the camera and thought maybe the captain got lost! :D

I'm on the Voyager on the 27th of Jan. This will be my first cruise out of TX.

Those of us who were out running the streets (shopping) thank you! We drove to Galveston last Sunday to see Voyager's first departure, but gave up and made our own departure (for home) about 20 minutes before she left.

It is great to see pics of her departure! Again, thanks!

To everyone sailing on Voyager, enjoy! I took my first cruise on that ship last year and enjoyed every minute. The only part I didn't like was paying cab fare in Miami!

We did the express departure and were off the ship and in our hotel room in under an hour last January. Granted, that was in Miami, but I doubt that there will be much change at Galveston. I'm a big fan of not getting trapped in debark crowds so carting my own bags is an easy easy way to avoid that problem.

I didn't know she turned! LOL

I watched her pull out from the dock and go forward but then I walked away from my computer. I come back to see her cruising towards the camera and thought maybe the captain got lost! :D

I'm on the Voyager on the 27th of Jan. This will be my first cruise out of TX.

Scott, we're on board with you on that sailing, too. We're in Lewisville and driving down on the 26th.

Come on 12/23-30 returnees - WE'RE DYING HERE! Info, reviews, pros/cons! Give us something! Work, laundry, relatives can wait. :)

I KNOW!! I'm leaving in 2 weeks, and am dying with anticipation of reports from those returning. I can't believe no one has posted a review or trip report yet.

Archived