All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

What pier does Voyager dock at in Cozumel?

We docked at the International pier on the TA.

How often is the Captain interacting with the passengers?

Captain Gerry was very personable and out & about on the promenade often. He speaks perfect English, sings country western songs (his own show and at the farewell), and his daily announcements are really done well.

One more thing about Gaptain Gerry: He brought all of the hotel side senior staff to the CC M&M! Yes, the Hotel Director, Food & Beverage, Facilities, CD, Marketing, Guest Relations, and of course the LA. The Group Coordinator had an easy time ;) It was great !

What are the drink of the days?

:confused:

Is the crew excited to be stationed in Texas?

Very very excited!! A large number of the crew did one or more contracts on Splendour or Rhapsody while they were in Galveston. They are really happy to be back on a "Galveston" ship.

What teenage activities do they have thru the teen club?

The staff seems very good but I have no idea what they have planned for the 7 night cruises. We met a lot of the CD staff during the TA. Andy, the activities manager was on Rhapsody and is full of energy.

DasBoot posted a new photo on his roll call. Good view of horns.

Voyager+of+the+Seas.jpg?bfmC2dHBoHqGxUwu

Was that a pic that you included in your post? I couldn't view it, doggone it all....I wanna see it (WAH!)...you always have such good info!

Would you please repost it?

All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

RCI Rumor-Watch???

There is just so much one can keep up with on dial up :o :confused:

I wish all of these would be merged.....so much to read, so little time! We are on wireless broadband, but with everyone in our townhouse complex apparently online this morning also, I'm feeling your dial-up pain. We are S..L..O..W!

Was that a pic that you included in your post? I couldn't view it, doggone it all....I wanna see it (WAH!)...you always have such good info!

Would you please repost it?

I can see it, maybe it takes some time to load. I'll try a thumbnail.

676886034_VoyageroftheSeas.jpg.b389083d7924ad69222d03e38dfcc212.jpg

I can see it, maybe it takes some time to load. I'll try a thumbnail.

WOW! What a great pic! This is the best one I've seen!!! Thanks... :)

May I put it on the Rumor-Watch thread? I will credit you, of course....or would you want to put it there? Your pic is absolutely the best!!

Derik Lewis went to Asia with Rhapsody. He is a history buff and was looking forward to exploring SE Asia. He was contracted through the Alaska summer. Don't know after that.

Got the entertainment list for our 2-24-08 cruise, only remainding act are the Gauchos.

Why start another Voyager thread?

I thought I was being original with a new thread. If you have the link to the a previous thread on the VOS, kindly post it. I have been reading everything I can find including a great review on cruise clues although outdated by Parnami, Mel.

I guess I am not the only guilty party, here, Tray just started another thread too. I'd love to see CC consolidate all these threads and post as a sticky. Maybe that's not done but I'm asking.

Ok....since I'm going on the Voyager in March, I've gotta beg for 'all things' you can share about this ship, tips, etc. I've really enjoyed reading some of the tips for the Monarch and Explorer, so I figured I might as well be enjoying reading about the ship I'm about ready to sail!!

Thanks!

Sorry Tray, I didn't see your thread and started another. I will ask CC to consolidate mine with yours if possible.

WOW! What a great pic! This is the best one I've seen!!! Thanks... :)

May I put it on the Rumor-Watch thread? I will credit you, of course....or would you want to put it there? Your pic is absolutely the best!!

It was taken by dasbot. It is the best one I've seen. They look very good.

Petel- Thanks for the awesome answer to my questions. I'm very interested to hear if the Captain & his crew will make it to all M&M's.

I'm so looking forward to hearing from the sailing....suppose I should be patient & wait a little longer.

Is anyone planning on doing a live review soon?

I agree now that I see multiple thread postings, didnt know their were that many, we should merge together!

There are some really great questions on this thread...I hope someone will share the answers SOON. I sail VOS next Sunday (Jan. 6) and would like to know lots of "inside scoop" before we sail.

One thing I particularly want to know is if VOS has Splenda sweetener; also if they have packaged hot chocolate mix, the kind you mix with hot water. We love to sit out around the pool after the show, and sip hot chocolate and nibble on a cookie. If anyone knows the answer to these things, I'd sure appreciate the info.

Hope you guys who are returning on VOS today had an absolutely awesome trip!!!!!!!

kruzkween

Petel- Thanks for the awesome answer to my questions. I'm very interested to hear if the Captain & his crew will make it to all M&M's.

Don't remember if it was the Splendour or the Rhapsody, but we a good amount of people at our M&M and the Cruise Director didn't show up. That infuriated some people in our group.

I'm so looking forward to hearing from the sailing....suppose I should be patient & wait a little longer.

I

Is anyone planning on doing a live review soon?

I posted something on their thread asking them to post on when they return.

I agree now that I see multiple thread postings, didnt know their were that many, we should merge together!

I agree with Snoozeman and with you. My bad! I have asked CC to merge mine with Tray's.

I will post on his from now on in the hope that CC will go ahead and merge these or even consider creating a sticky for the VOS questions. I doubt it though.

There are some really great questions on this thread...I hope someone will share the answers SOON. I sail VOS next Sunday (Jan. 6) and would like to know lots of "inside scoop" before we sail.

One thing I particularly want to know is if VOS has Splenda sweetener; also if they have packaged hot chocolate mix, the kind you mix with hot water. We love to sit out around the pool after the show, and sip hot chocolate and nibble on a cookie. If anyone knows the answer to these things, I'd sure appreciate the info.

Hope you guys who are returning on VOS today had an absolutely awesome trip!!!!!!!

kruzkween

Kruzkween:

I'll be on the next sunday VOS also. Are you cruising with kids? If so, how old. My 13 yr old is really wanting to participate in the teen club activities. The last cruise she went with us...that age group really didn't do things together. She's missing school for this and wants to have an awesome time. I want to be alone without a nagging daughter telling me she needs something to do.

Hi, we just got back today! Yes, they do have Splenda--I didnt see any hot chocolate. We have always sailed Rhapsody/Splendour before. We didnt see too much "Texanizing" of the ship this first sailing. It seemed like everyone around us was from Boston or New York. :) They did show the Alamo Bowl last night though. Our group's brief thoughts on the ship were that it was "nice", but we miss the Rhapsody! It seemed like the little extra above and beyonds were missing.

Our waiter was telling us that they were very excited to be in Galveston--he said they had some difficulties with the European itinerary, but he wouldn't elaborate!

I asked this in another post last week, but didn't get an answer. I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a webcam on the Voyager---I'm not meaning the Galveston harbor webcam, but one where pictures of the Voyager can be seen while she is at sea or in a port. If anyone knows, please give me the website.

Thanks, :)

Cruzin Lady

kruzkween

Hot chocolate mix is available in the Promenade Cafe, jammer, and the dinning room. Hot chocolate dispensed from the machine is right next to the coffee in the Promenade Cafe.

I asked this in another post last week, but didn't get an answer. I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a webcam on the Voyager---I'm not meaning the Galveston harbor webcam, but one where pictures of the Voyager can be seen while she is at sea or in a port. If anyone knows, please give me the website.

Thanks, :)

Cruzin Lady

The only broadcast web cam on Voyager is in the Promenade and has been off the air for some time. I'll get back to you on the link (in case it ever updates again.)

Archived