Carnival Conquest Cruise Review 8/15/04 Part 2

firemed892

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Day 5…GEORGETOWN, GRAND CAYMAN… We had booked a private excursion with Captain Marvins for the Sting Ray City and the Island Tour( Turtle Farm & Hell). We woke up early so we could get the first tender ticket and get off the boat as early as we could. Our excursion was at 8:30 but we had to be there to check in by 8am. Boy was I worried the whole time. We in fact were the first ones to get a tender ticket which had the # 7 on it. She gave out about a page of 7s and continued on 5 through I believe like 13 or so. I thought that meant we were going to be first out of the lounge but I was wrong. About 7:30, the lady announced that everyone that had received a ticket could go and get on the tender boats. Boy was I freaking out even more. But everything worked out ok and we made it to our excursion with only 5 minutes to spare. I would highly recommend Capt Marvin’s tours. We all got into a nice small air conditioned bus. There were only 15 people in our tour. Awesome compared to the ships tours which had hundreds I believe. Our bus driver that I did not realize at the time, but he was also our tour guide and he was awesome. On the way to the boat he let us know everything there was to know about the island. Once we arrived at the boat, they took us out to Sting Ray City and this ended up being the best part of the cruise. When we arrived the stingrays were everywhere. They were the softest things ever. They felt just like velvet. Anyone that is afraid of trying this please don’t be. They are very friendly and remember to bring your underwater cameras. After playing with the Stingrays for about 20-30 minutes we went to about 9 feet of water and snorkeled. This was also awesome. There was very nice coral and very colorful fish and even a Stingray. We then proceeded back to the dock and went on our Island Tour now. The driver took us to Hell, which was interesting. We then went to the turtle farm where we saw the biggest turtles ever and there were hundreds in many different tanks. We then went to the souvenir shop right next to the turtle farm. Do not by any Rum Cakes here. About a block down form Captain Marvin’s towards the ship was a place that awesome deals on them. We then proceeded back to Captain Marvin’s shop and they gave everyone a free complimentary rum cake. Thank you very much Captain Marvin’s. You made the day and our cruise. Back on to the boat we went after a little of more shopping. Be Ware, this place is more expensive than the USA. Tendering back to the boat was quite interesting since the water was a little rough but we made it. All in all Grand Caymans is a lot like the US but I would probably have to choose Grand Caymans over the US any day.[/size][/font]

[size=3][/size]

[size=3][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Day 6…COZUMEL, MEXICO…We got off the ship and went to go and shop for a couple of hours. The people here were pretty pushy to try to get you into their shop and buy their stuff. We then returned to the ship to drop our things off in the room and off to dolphin discovery. We had booked the Royal Swim in February. It was $119/person at that time but I believe it has gone up to $125. We had a blast playing with the dolphins. The trainers were awesome but the other people that are working there you might need to watch out for. Just do not trust anyone while your there. Not saying they are going to do anything but we had a few things go wrong and when we tried to get help with something they were asking for tips. Parents this is an awesome experience for your children. The royal swim is the best interaction you can get out there. All the other interaction programs are just touching of the dolphins not playing with them. After Dolphin Discovery we were running short on time so we decided to go to Fat Tuesday’s instead of going to Carlos ‘n’ Charlie’s liked we had planned. Fat Tuesday’s was right next The Conquest. Bring your money the margarita’s are about $10 each but they are huge and 1 is enough to get you going. So after drinking ourselves away we stumbled back to the ship and made it an early night since none of us were a condition to do anything else that night.[/size][/font]

[size=3][/size]

[size=3][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Day 7…….Day at SEA…. The day started off pretty rough seeing how we ended the day the day before. We just relaxed by the pools today and went to the shows. This day you have to pack everything up and have all your luggage out between 8pm-12am for the people to come and pick it up for customs the next day. [/font][/size]

[size=3][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Debarkation DAY… We woke up early enough to enjoy breakfast in the dining room for the last time. Then up to the Lido deck to wait until our luggage tag color was called. It seemed like it was going to be bad but they had called the first color about 8:30am and we our color was called about 9:45am. We were off the ship and into the cruise terminal at about 10:00am. Be aware there are US Custom agents everywhere and you will not get pass them with anything. Trust me I know. I turned the corner into the US Custom check where they had a dog that I did not see until it was almost up my rear. I did not know what he was after, but I was cleared to move on after the agent said the dog was not alerting. I believe in was the Rum Cakes in my bag. I guess the doggie was hungry. The debarkation in all was really pretty easy and harmless. [/size][/font]

[size=3][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer them. Please email me at [/size][/font][email="firebird2001nb@aol.com"][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#0000ff]firebird2001nb@aol.com[/color][/size][/font][/email][size=3][font=Times New Roman] . [/font][/size]

[size=3][/size]

Archived